BOKER 4-EDGED SAFETY RAZOR

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Joewa, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

I was browsing my favorite on line for off gird life hardware store (lehmans) and i stumbled on the broker 4 edged safety razor it has the simple description of :

Most safety razors have a double edge, but this one has four! This innovative razor bends two thin blades at a precise angle, so you get a closer, better shave. Made by Böker with the highest quality, this razor will hold up shave after shave. Just replace the blades as they become dull.

Has anyone seen anything like this or better yet have a trip report :p

4edge.jpg

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've seen mixed reviews on this razor and the two biggest complaints are lining up the blades and finding the correct angle. It has to be used similar to a cart razor by having the handle parallel with the face.

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Sorta disheartening.

The razor you described was indeed interesting.
    I looked it up at the site you mentioned. It was a bit pricey. So i looked it up at the supposed maker (boker). Odd that boker sells it at 2/3 the price.
    As i was looking, i noticed other razors. I was let down to discover they just put the boker name on razors made by others
    The tto looked like weishi, the open comb was a fatip.
    So the boker is actually a razalution, if your interested in the concept, you may explore it further by looking at the actual maker.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  4. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

thanks for the research. lehmans is a check the price before you buy type of place.

Based on the reviews it looks like one to skip.

PickledNorthern and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

cool looking.nice way to use up extra blades i guess.cool for those who still like carts without the blade expense.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I have one of those. It's garbage. The extreme blade flex means you have to shave with the handle almost parallel to the face. It's really hard to shave with it, and the wide gap between the blades makes it very bitey when you try to shave anything that isn't a flat surface.

Save your money. It's sold under other brand names as well.

7. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    mrchick likes this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Is the handle usable with other heads?

9. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Yes. Uses standard threading. The handle is the one thing I liked about the razor.

Jayaruh likes this.