Boots cool colgne shave cream review

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by matthewoli98, May 24, 2019.

1. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

This cream is another cream i received in a PIF from Sav in the UK, and what an absolutely fantastic cream it is! The slickest cream ive ever used, matching the top shaving soaps i own in terms of slickness. It needs quite a bit of cream to get a good lather, but because it comes in a 125 ml tube instead of a 75ml, this really isnt a big deal.

Lathering: 6/10, as i said you need more cream than something like Godrej, but at this price point and when you consider that theres more in the tube, it really makes no difference at all. Overall it lathers really well when the correct amount is used, it is definitely a cream that needs very little water.

It contains menthol, however it has very little bite, barely noticeable but definitely there.

Slickness: 10/10, ive never given a cream such a good slickness rating, absolutely fantastic stuff, rivaling even my slickest soaps.

Residual slickness: 8/10, fantastic residual slickness, very rare to find such fantastic residual slickness in a cream, but this cream proves that there are creams out there that have fantastic slickness.

Protection:7/10, perfectly adequate protection, absolutely fantastic stuff.

Price: 10/10, at 2-3 pounds this stuff is unrivalled in terms of price, and if this stuff was available in South Africa, it would easily become one of my most used creams.

Scent: 8/10, a very strong scent for a cream, with a very clean colgne scent.

Overall:the boots cool colgne cream is an absolutely fantastic cream for the price, has incredibly impressive slickness and performs like an absolute champion![​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

2. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I appreciate the review. Very well put together.
    I have the Boots shave stick, I like it as well.

3. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

Its a great shave stick, i reviewed it last week

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

brit, Yehuda D and johnnyflake like this.
  4. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Very nice, thank you.

Yehuda D, brit and johnnyflake like this.
  5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Very well written review my boy!

BigD likes this.
  6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I had this cream in the past and it indeed does the job honestly. However I don’t like the scent and the skincare to me anyway, is poor. For anyone on a tight budget it’s a perfect choice, though.

BigD likes this.