Bought Henderson AL 13 Mild and Love it!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by NETWizz, Jul 6, 2024.

1. NETWizz

NETWizz Active Member

DE Shaving has been a journey!

I have been wet shaving for a while now. I started with a Van Der Hagen in 2016 and it was okay, but at first it sliced me up because I was new and had way too much pressure and bad angles. I got much better but would still get nicks, and I was horrible at lathering. At least I learned that blades matter! The blades it came with were horrible!

=>Learned Blades are important Milestone.

I gave it up for a while switching back to cartridges BUT I kept lathering and that's when I found Taylor of Olde Bond Street is the best for me! I like it better than Parasso and Stirling both of which are also good now that I learned how to lather right. I HATE it when I have a can of goo and no brush. Give me any old bar of soap and a bruh any day over a can of shaving cream! Then around COVID time was running low on cartridges and decided to switch back to DE shaving.

==> Learned how to Lather Milestone.

This time I liked it. Probably because I took my time and got much better to where I would only nick myself about once or twice a week. Then in early 2023, my Van Der Hagen wore out from corrosion, so I bought a Parker 99 R. I love the weight of it, but to be honest it is pretty agressive and would nick me more often.

==> Really learned to DE shave well and with confidence. Made the conversion BUT would still cartridge shave just under my nose only because the angels are strange... Was Converted Milestone

I got better, but it would still bite me a bit about twice a week. Nothing major, but it was what took away from a basically perfect shave.

==> Found the PERFECT razor!

This week I decided to bite the bullet and order a Hendersen Shaving AL13 mild razor (ordered last week). I figured they machined parts for the MARS rover and really care about tolerances of machined parts to fit together to within thousandths of an inch...

I am NOT disappointed.

It has little blade exposure but does NOT clog has a very TIGHT blade held the entire length all across perfectly preventing any chattering or movement, and it ONLY cuts at the right angle. I got it, and Oh my GOD it is Cloud 9. The thing is as idiot proof as a cartridge razor and every bit as gentle only without drag or irritation. The handle has great knurling, and there is a long and wide single channel that rinses clean even with several days of growth. Thus far, I have tried three different blades in it, and they all feel better in the AL13 than ANY blade ever has in the Van Der Hagen or the Parker 99 R.

What else is crazy is one pass with it cuts MORE hair closer than say a 5 blade cartridge!

All I can say is Oh My God.. I have NEVER had such a great experience shaving! There are not words to describe how perfect it works for me. I have shaved about six times with it 4 on my face, and cleaned up my neck to shoulders. It is simply amazing.

awk-m4 likes this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I’m in. Thanks for the generous … oh wait.

I have tried the Henson and it is a very nice razor. It was too mild for me, so it got passed along. Definitely not the fault of the razor. Glad to hear yet another good report about it.

3. NETWizz

NETWizz Active Member

Which one did you get? I am thinking about buying a Ti22