Bowling Green EDT

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Leclec13, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

I enjoy the manly "barber shop" scent, probably best represented by Pinaud Clubman. But as most clubman users know it is short lasting.

Pinaud Clubman is a Fougere which is class or scents/perfume. I continued my research reading reviews, sampling fougere's where i could find them. Most sales persons were clueless when asked about fougere. Found a few good ones but were way way out of my budget. I watched a you tube review on Fougere and this came on a top ten list, I rolled the dice ordered it, and it arrived today

It opened very strong very citrus like, and sporty at this point the silage (how far it projects) is very high. At first thought cheap 80's High school cologne. Granted it introduced in 1986. I thought this would be a bust since i bought it sight unseen/ scent un-smelled. Once the first blast settled down in about an hour it was all about "barber shop"!!!!! It had everything I love about pinaud clubman but in a fancier more refined nose. 8 hours later it is still going and the musk and leather tones have become stronger. Best of all its not one of those $$$ scents. its available for about $14 delivered from various sources. From what I have read it has been discontinued which is most likely why it is affordable. If I still like it tomorrow i will order another bottle or 2.

upload_2019-6-5_17-55-43.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BKN2JY/?tag=thshde-20

Ijustmissedthe50s, Keithmax and brit like this.
  2. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced Clubman, Bowling Green, or barbershop scents in general qualify as fougeres, but I'm glad you found what you were looking for :happy088:

edit: actually vintage Clubman probably is

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Interesting. I am unfamiliar with this brand. Let us know how you like it.

4. Leclec13

I'm learning about scents , consider my nose in training. my research found that all the above are in fougere class, but i'm trusting the internet and you tube videos ... i'm looking to get a sample of hobubigant fougere to compare.... what readily available scent would you consider a proper fougere?
    here is he video i got the reference from. and there are many other you tube gurus that say barbershop smell is fougere class. fragrantica web site also refers to pinaud clubman as a fougere. i think basenotes has similar reference. Bowling Green smells Barbershop like to me...... i'm willing to learn guide me if i'm heading down wrong path. i'm willing to learn

today is day 2 test.... today i'm noticing some floral and talc notes, 2 hours after application. it is still a strong buy recommendation... great spring summer nose

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Primotenore and Keithmax like this.
  5. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I also classify Clubman as a Foguere. In addition to Houbigant look for YSL Rive Gauche.

6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Forgot to add Creed Green Irish Tweed

7. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

frags with oakmoss and coumarin

So you have to go vintage to get a real one because of the IFRA

8. Leclec13

I’ve been using bowling green every day since first report.
    I think of it a refined clubman Pinaud.
    It’s an EDT so it’s a bit dilute and needs to be applied a little Generously, more than a pump or 2. As opposed to more concentrated scents. Given a more generous application it has plus 10 hour longevity.
    In my limited scent experience. It’s the closest scent to clubman pinaud, and decent representation of a fougere.
    I like it a lot.
    I will buy another bottle. I believe it has been discontinued.
    It performs well beyond it’s $13.5o price tag!!!! I paid about $10 for clubman
    Definitely worth the purchase if you are a fan of clubman Pinaud

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.