Boycott Gillette?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Queen of Blades, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    As promised, part 2 in my "JoAnna should go to bed" series.

They're watching us! Well......not us actually.........but well you know. :o

Boycott Gillette :eek:

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

What the hell... :rofl

3. Queen of Blades

I know. :rofl

This thread has been posted for entertainment purposes only. :D

4. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

This is a joke? I think NOT!:eek::eek: I always wear a tin-foil beanie when I pass the Mach3 shelves in a supermarket! :p It is the tools of the dark lord and his pack of evildoers! ;)

5. Queen of Blades

:rofl

Ok, ok, this thread may also be educational, for some. :rolleyes:

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

now why would I buy any of those darn cartridges?
    They won't get a photo of MY mug :p

7. How far back to you think this goes ? I just received two more 50's super speeds today feeding my fire for more shavers ! I can't detect any hidden devices but you never know. Now, you are saying to boycott. Oh, well - maybe I should start buying more Merkurs !!! Yes that is what I will do !

Lee

8. I do find it a bit distasteful that they used my pic for this site.

Lee

9. Queen of Blades

:rofl

10. I don't get it?

:confused:

11. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Another sound reason for using more antiquated tools for this hobby/necessity/obsession...the only thing watching me choose Mr. Wade and Mr. Butcher for my morning shave is my reflection in the mirror!

12. bg42

bg42 New Member

If you want to believe that ,fine, it`s terrible when people are lulled into a false sence of security, thats when they`re at their most vunerable:eek::eek::eek::shocked003
    Kind regards Peter

13. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I have actually heard of these RFID chips from others sources in the IT community so this is not really far fetched for me. I have also heard of Gillette's name used in conjunction with these chips from the IT community. I don't buy Gillette products becuase they don't seem to work on me. Not because I am boycotting Gillette in any way, there products don't work on me.

14. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

SEE! I have only one thing to say;

TIN FOIL HAT!

15. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

just soak it in water. that will teach em!:rofl

16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Who needs Gillette! :p :p

17. bjrn

bjrn New Member

The RFID tracking is a real thing. But I doubt Gillette uses it for anything besides shipping/inventory tracking. You have to be quite close to a chip to read it, so it's not like they can track where you're going with your new bought Gillette products.

But in general the concerns about privacy issues in conjunction with RFID chips are valid, IMO. Perhaps not at the moment, but it could easily become a problem.

18. Queen of Blades

I don't think the concern from the link is tracking where consumers go.

I'm pretty sure it was the RFID would cause pictures to be taken when you pick up a Gillette package, and also again when you pay for the product.

19. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Personally, I dislike anything RFID. Even tough you need to be "close" and have the correct equipment and can't connect x to y.. It is the fact that it just MAY do all those things, now and, even more so, in the future. The are weaning us to accept this as an emerging technology, but the potential is beyond imagination.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't like RFID :p

20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

and I don't like Gillette!