British Rocket?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Birdie, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

6EBEDB49-DB14-48C0-9A3C-102DA5F87276.jpeg 2E76A81E-2033-4C1A-86A2-18154180FCFA.jpeg D8B04A5E-3FE7-4FCB-A29F-BAC248025BFB.jpeg 4039413B-50AB-453B-B65F-A3EF201CC79D.jpeg Picked this up over the weekend. 10 bucks didn’t seem like a bad price. Looking at Mr. Razor, it looks like a British Rocket. Can anyone confirm? I think I will get it re-plated soon.

Jorvaljr, brit, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  2. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Looks like a rocket hd500... depending on weight. That would be 74g.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    brit likes this.
  3. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

I’ll have to find some scales to get the weight. I’ll be ask g around tomorrow.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    inconceivable.jpg

brit likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

looks like a hd500 to me..nice razor.great score.basically a british #66 aristocrat with a plain wrapper.a little more blade exposure as well from what i have heard..shaves like a #58.which is like a tv knurled version of it..have/had all 3 ,very nice shave..

Birdie and Jorvaljr like this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

It’s a HD rocket. I love the shave from it. I can’t tell how bad the plating is but I would polish it up and see how it comes out that way

Birdie and brit like this.
  7. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

It does shave real nice. I need to pick up some better polish I’m sure, but what I do I have I tried and it didn’t seem to help. The doors are the only bad part of the plating and I wouldn’t say it is all that bad.

8. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Yes at HD 500 a very smooth shaver. They come in full nickel and Aluminum - handle only. From the pic it looks like aluminum to me. If so it will be in the under 60 grams and will complicate a replate.

brit likes this.
  9. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

brit likes this.