Brush advancement? 3D? Retro? Metro???

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by GDCarrington, Oct 21, 2013.

1. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

My opinion on the new H.I.S. Series.

When the original H.I.S. brush came out I had touted the new synthetic fibers as being the next best thing in synthetic brushes. In fact the fibers constituted the first Generation 4 fiber set out on the shaving market. The fibers had tremendous potential in the market place, but the brush however had several drawbacks. The lofts were way too long. The fibers could be reduced by as much as 6 - 12 mm and be extremely effective. The handle was a Kabuki makeup handle which was too large for general acceptance. FM Brush / Artist Brushstrokes was more interested in forcing Kabuki makeup handles on an overall audience that found them to be sub optimal rather than developing a true shaving brush handle.

H.I.S. soon followed up with the H.I.S. Bullet which was one of the worse shaving brushes I ever used. A written review after testing was made on that at the time of testing.

Thank goodness that Muhle accepted the challenge and released brushes with Generation 4 class fibers around 8 months later that had a far superior handles that were in line with what Traditional Shavers expect. This year Frank Shaving began to use Generation 4 class fibers in some of their brushes. This provided competition and market place choice which is an excellent thing indeed.

Now FM Brush / Artist Brushstrokes had an 8 month head start on Muhle but was extremely content to retain their sub par handles, even when advised by many to provide handles that are more desired by the user community. Even to this date, FM Brush / Artist Brushstrokes only have 3 handle types to offer and two have been roundly (pun intended) snubbed in favor Muhle and FS offerings with multiple sizes and handles types to choose from.

So what to do when you want to continue to sell makeup handles? You simply try to redesign the knot and create a new gimmick. So here is the 3D brush series.

Here is the 3D Retro.

[​IMG]

Here is the 3D Metro.

[​IMG]

Source:

http://www.beautystrokes.com/beautystrokes_his_shaving_brushes.htm

I have not tested these brushes so I have no idea as to how they perform, but I thought I should show them to the forum for strictly informational purposes.