Brush ID

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Lionhearted, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

[​IMG]

Any idea who made this? It's not mine and this is the only picture I have. I'm considering buying it but the seller doesn't know who made it. That label says "Best Badger - Sterilised - Made in England." It's about 30-35 years old but never used.

Richard

2. drP

drP Shaving Brush Stockpiler

It's a Rooney...

[​IMG]

3. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Dr P, brushes all doubts under the carpet!

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yep, the key word being "brush" :D

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

He's amazing!

6. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

Thank you very much. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I just bought it. The seller wanted only $12.50 including shipping. Another bargain. :)

Richard

7. Will

Will Nevermind

Ya think? :happy102

8. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I'll double that!

9. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

The only quality brushes I've owned were Simpsons — two Dukes and a Beaufort. I'm kinda curious about a Rooney but I have some reluctance about being the first to use a vintage brush. Maybe this belongs in a collection rather than used. Or maybe not. I'm not a collector of shaving paraphernalia so if I decide to sell rather than use this I'll keep you in mind. A quick 100% on my money isn't shabby. I hate to take advantage of you like that though. :)

Richard

10. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Just curious. If they are the same maker why is there such a difference between the shapes of the logos on the brushes? They are all consistent on the ones that drP listed but the one Lionhearted listed isn't the same. Difference in time period? :confused:

11. drP

drP Shaving Brush Stockpiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Is that the other side of the same brush?

13. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Actually, looking at it closely the shape of the bulb is reversed in the two shots so that answers my question. Thanks! Just trying to learn as much as I can.

:happy088