Brush shedding in clumps

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by DLP, Jun 27, 2012.

1. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

This morning I pulled out my favorite brush a Vie-Long 13061. It is only a couple of months old. This morning I started to face lather and noticed a few hairs and took a closer look and saw this

DSCN2032.JPG

So I pulled out all of the loose hairs

DSCN2033.JPG

And ended up with a nice hole in the middle of the knot

DSCN2034.JPG

I've never seen a knot do this before.

Heck of a way to start the day.

On the good news side of things the vendor is sending out a replacement tomorrow.

wlmcad and GDCarrington like this.
  2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Unfortunately sometimes these things happen even to the best of stuff. Looks like you have a first class vendor there though..may I ask who it is?..

3. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Giftsandcare.com

4. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Never heard of them..but it looks like they back their products..:happy088:

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Oh my.
    I can just imagine how I would feel if my favorite brush did that.
    :sad024:
    :happy096: Glad to hear that!

6. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

beautiful brush despite the hair loss, good to hear that you have a replacement winging it's way out to you!!!

7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Great end result, and I like the looks of that brush. I hope it gets to you quickly:)

8. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

I really liked the brush. Reminded Juan at Giftsandcare.com that the brush had a custom loft which will delay shipment a few days. They really have been great to work with on this.

I've never seen a knot come apart like this.

9. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I haven't seen one that bad either (At least one that wasn't vintage). Though I think it's bad luck, my Berkeley is starting to shed 3-5 hairs per day right now - I'm hoping it doesn't get worse and will at least last until I get home.

DLP likes this.
  10. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Even vintage brushes the hairs are broke off at the top of the brush handle not missing. that hole in the middle of the brush goes all the way to the base. somehow the epoxy must have failed.

at least I was at home and could just pull another brush out of the cabinet. being away from home and losing the brush would have been real frustrating.

11. okiwen

okiwen Member

I am having a similar thing happen to my Vie-Long. It was fine and then all of a sudden it began shedding like crazy. I contacted the Vie-Long company and they put it right back on the vendor. They really couldn't care less. I was almost more disappointed with them than the failing brush. I bought mine from Giftsandthings too, but I haven't contacted them. I found that I was to irritated with the company to feel very civil.

12. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

I was just reading an email from Giftsandcare. they worked with Vie-Long and will have a new brush in the mail in a few days.

would have been in the mail today but I had a custom loft which requires Vie-Long to make one instead of taking one off the shelf. Juan at Giftsandcare has been great to work with. very responsive considering the 7 or 8 hour time difference.

tomnat likes this.
  13. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Sorry to hear that happen to your brush. Great to hear that Juan at Gifts and Care, did an outstanding job in handling this.

14. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

On a more positive note, it's excellent to see vendors treat customers this way. Sending a replacement ASAP is starting to become far more rare these days, but wet shaving vendors seem to realize that forums like ours can mean the death of their business with as much as one bad experience ;)