BRUT Moisturizing After Shave Balm

Discussion in 'Aftershave Reviews' started by PottyDoctor, Feb 26, 2007.

1. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

[​IMG]

I recently picked up a tube of BRUT After Shave Balm on a trip to my local Wally World for around $4.88. For all of you old enough to remember the days when BRUT was 'in', you're gonna' love the classic scent of the ASB. But don't worry, the scent won't linger with the ASB; it fades rather quickly.

It comes in a 4 ounce squeeze tube with a flip top and a tiny hole for easy 'no mess' dispensing. It contains both Aloe and Shea Butter, which is a plus in my book. This stuff comes out of the tube in an off-white color. I would describe the consistency as a 'thin cream'. It rubs in easily, doesn't feel greasy and absorbs well.

The BRUT is alcohol free which is a plus in my book [for my sensitive skin]. There is no burn and no cooling effect. It moisturizes and soothes on par with the Proraso ASB which is another of my favorites.

I love the classic shaving products and this is now in my regular rotation of ASB's. It is one of the best values going in the ASB category.

I'm gonna' have to pick up a bottle of classic BRUT Cologne to complete my days when I use the ASB. This would make a nice scent for a shave soap...oh yeah!

2. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

We need to have a rating for scent in these reviews. If we did, I'd probably give it an 8 as I really like this scent.

This is part of my regular rotation. On days when I don't feel like using the Doc Mottern combo (Aqua Velva + Proraso ASB) I spritz on some witch hazel and then smear on some Brut. Good stuff at a great price and easily available.

3. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Great stuff.
    I like the SMELL of Brut so this makes me very happy.
    Aloe and Shea Butter. Hello ??? Soooooothing and healing.
    No burn to mention and the price is right.
    I only give "10's" if the goop was given to me.
    Try some.
    $5 wont kill ya ! ;)

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Good, but I hate I mean HATE the scent of it.

They sell it at drug stores so just run out and get it, see if YOU like it.;)

After a revisit, the scent has grown on me. This is good news. :D

5. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

;) Positive proof that Your Mileage May Vary [YMMV]! ;)

:rofl 'Cause I love, I mean LOVE the scent of it! :rofl

6. CloseShaver

CloseShaver Member

A good one to keep in the rotation

Overall, a great aftershave balm. Smells very nice, it moisturizes great, and it is very soothing. I did not get much of a cooling sensation. I will purchase another tube, when I am out.

7. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

Old thread but i think i am going to buy a tube of this today to try out

8. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I added menthol crystals to my a/s. I have not tried the lotion/ balm.
    I like the scent, but not daily. I find that I appreciate it more, if I use it now and again.

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I really like this stuff and always have a tube on hand.
    I'm a big fan of the classic Brut scent. Not only do I have the balm, I have the aftershave, tbe cologne, the body splash and the antiperspirant/deodorant (the only pit stick I use).
    Not only do I like it, but my wife tells me it makes me smell like me :angelic013: