BRUT

Discussion in 'Scents' started by rick, Apr 13, 2007.

?

Whaddaya say ?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2007.
  1. LOVE it !

41.2%
  2. Hate it

23.5%
  3. Never tried it

29.4%
  4. Never heard of it

5.9%
  1. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Well ?
    Brut....by Faberge.
    Top Notes
    *Lavender, Anise, Lemon, Basil, Bergamot
    Middle Notes
    *Geranium, Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine
    Base Notes
    *Sandalwood, Vetiver, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Vanilla, Tonka Bean

Lets hear it.
    thanks to www.basenotes.com for the reference

2. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I guess I'll have to give this stuff a try. Always just kinda overlooked it.

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Haven't used it since the '60s. Must be a reason... :signs113

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Its probably one of my most hated scents (sounds weird coming from me, does it not?).

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Brut? I like it, but I can't really say I love it!

6. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

BRUT...I love the scent....only wish it lasted longer. I often use the BRUT Aftershave Balm; it has shea butter and is one of my favorites....and the price is right on this classic!

7. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Same here, but actually I liked it a lot more when it was ACTUALLY owned by Faberge (back when I was a youngin). Now it is owned by Helen of Troy, and it just ain't the same ::ban

Have they changed the recipe :confused:

Brut (cologne)

From Wikipedia

Brut is a range of perfumed grooming products which now include aftershave balms and deodorant, designed for men, first introduced by Fabergé in 1964. Packaged in the classic green glass bottle and silver-coloured medallion, it was viewed as a quality product.[1]
    In 1968 a budget range was marketed as Brut 33 because it contained 33% of the fragrance of the original product[2] and was packaged in cheaper plastic bottles. This was described as a "lighter fragrance".[1] Fabergé was taken over by Unilever in 1978,[1] and transferred to the Ponds division in 1989.[2] There the whole Brut 33 range took over the name Brut.[2] The Fabergé version became "Brut Classic by Fabergé" and retained its distinctive packaging.[2] In 2003, the rights to the brand were purchased for some regions by Idelle Labs, a division of Helen of Troy Limited.[1]

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

You know, I've seen quite a number of the "fragrances of my youth" mentioned lately. Brut, English Leather, Canoe, Tabac, 4711. The last two smell as I remember them - the others don't even come close!!! Not even shadows of the originals. Even nostalgia won't save these.

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Its a real shame; I'm just glad they haven't jack-hammered around with Aqua Velva. When that day comes, you'll see a truck backed up to my place unloading NOS AV bottles :D

10. Will

Will Nevermind

I will help you load the truck.

11. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    There used to be a brut actif blue. I loved that one, unfortunately I haven't seen it in years.

12. crackstar

Bobby, I remember that one well. Daddy bought it for me in Florida, both the deo stick, which was great. That deo had a cooling effect on the underarms, that was delightful! He also bought me the cologne, which I must say I enjoyed....I don't know why the company yanked it....:confused: :confused:

13. sparky5693

Administrator
    Yup, there was a whole line of it. I just went through my last bottle about a month ago.

The stopped making it in 97 I believe, and unilever owns the formula, but brut is now onwed by helen of troy(in the united states). I guess it's possible it could show up as a new axe scent or something. :rolleyes:

14. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

*cough cough* Never heard of it *cough cough*

15. crackstar

oy, Axe may be good stuff, but again, like so many of these body sprays, my skin always screams at me when I try them. :o :(

16. sparky5693

Administrator
    Agreed, axe is crap, but for this scent to come back, i might be tempted. I just read that is was derived from fruit peels, and not the actual fruit. Maybe that was why it seemed so unique. Don't get me wrong, this is not the complex notes we tend to discuss around here, it was just a scent that seemed "different"

17. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

I don't remember ever using it.:think002

18. rick

Ya know....
    I want to keep this thread alive because I am falling in love all over with this stuff.
    cuppa points:
    *Still smells the same to me today as I remember it smelling 20 years ago.
    *also reminds me a lot of Knize Ten in that
    1). it smells A LOT like it,
    2). 1 spray / spritz is all I need and
    3). the fragrance lasts and lasts. And if used abundantly can also be nauseating.

mamaBear just sent me a tub of her new soap for my BD (thanks Sue) and with that addition to my EdC and ASB this is giving my BayRum addiction a run for its money.
    Yall better be buying Sues Brute soap, cause I want it to stay around a while. :D and if you do buy some and dont like it.....call me. I'll swap ya something for it !

19. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

I only have the splah on BRUT, so it definitely doesn't last all day; I will definitely have to pick up a bottle of the spray.

And...I had no idea Sue had a BRUT soap! Where have I been all my life? I gotta' get some of that! Thanks for the tip.

20. rick

Ron:
    I got the Brut EdC in the bottle
    and decanted into an atomizer.
    Havent got any of the after shave right now
    but 1 spritz of the cologne lasts and lasts.
    ....MamaBears Brute soap is brand new. Tell a friend ;)