BRUT

Discussion in 'Scents' started by rick, Apr 13, 2007.

?

Whaddaya say ?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2007.
  1. LOVE it !

41.2%
  2. Hate it

23.5%
  3. Never tried it

29.4%
  4. Never heard of it

5.9%
  1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

The difference is all in the Quantity/potency of fragrance component (Specifically, according to their webiste).........but I would imagine there are some differences in the concentrations of other key ingredients as well.

From "lightest" scent to "strongest" Brut product (according to brutworld.com)
    1. Aftershave
    2. Splash-On (face or body)
    3. Cologne

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Joe, question, I thought I read someplace that this was the typical strength progression for scented products? EDT was in there too or, am I off my Bentwood Rocker?

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

You're on the Rocker ;)

In General: Aftershave would be lightest, followed by EDC (eau de cologne - 2-5% aromatic compounds), followed by EDT (eau de toilette - 3-8% aromatic compound), and finally EDP (eau de parfum - between 10-30% aromatic compounds)

5. Sledge

Sledge New Member

i bought a bottle of the walgreens type (plastic bottle) brut, and i swear to god it does not smell like i remembered it as a kid... is this just because i got the aftershave instead of the cologne? or has the scent changed drastically across the board?

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I thought they had changed the scent too when I bought the aftershave, but then I got the cologne and it was the same Brut goodness I remember from when I was a lil kid. Have been on a downward spiral since then. Got the Deodorant spray and now I'm wondering if I need the Splash-On :eek:

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

TJoe:

Just add some Witch Hazel to the EdC, bro !
    Instant AS :D

8. Sledge

Sledge New Member

you serious? only problem is the cologne would be too strong to use the same amount as the aftershave... plus, witch hazel doesnt cure the itching i get from shaving :(

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I just used a little Brut this morning after my shave. Good stuff, sometimes.

10. Will

Will Nevermind

I cut alot of aftershaves with Witch Hazel, Pinaud Bay Rum comes to mind.

Helps soothe more and lesses the blow of the alcohol.

11. Sledge

Sledge New Member

when you say cut, do you mean you mix the stuff in another bottle? or do you apply one then apply the other? if you mix, how do you do it?

12. Will

Will Nevermind

Put a dab of WH in the hand, dab a AS in the had 50/50.

Rub hands togeather (make sure you hands have a little cold water on them), rub on face.

Enjoy ::

13. Sledge

Sledge New Member

cold water? you dilute your A/S?

14. Will

Will Nevermind

No, just have wet hands when you rub them togeather or the mixture will sink in you hands.

15. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I learned something new today! :cool:

16. Sledge

Sledge New Member

so just to make sure, i should try this with the aftershave and not the cologne, right?

17. Will

Will Nevermind

Use colonge as an Aftershave is not a good idea.

Use an Aftershave as an Aftershave, makes sense right? :D

18. Sledge

Sledge New Member

well yeah, but i figured with the mixture of water and witch hazel, and considering the cologne recipe for brut isnt much different than the other products in the BRUT line, maybe it would work the same... but with a better scent lol i dunno... just threw it out there :)

19. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

The cologne is probabably, for simplicity's sake, just a more potent version of the aftershave..........

so if you have the Brut cologne, and put it on a wet face, with wet hands, diluted with witch hazel.......I don't see why it'd be a prob ;)

But, by at that point all that diluting will bring the scent down to the potency of the aftershave, so you're defeating the purpose :: :happy001 :confused:

20. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member