Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Morman Bridge, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello, I scored a bottle of Bulgari Extreme EDT a while ago, and it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone has tried this scent, and if you liked it. I read a review on Basenotes, and It sounds good, I am just wondering what others think of it. I might add that I know nothing about smelling good. I have only recently begun experimenting with fragrances. Also any input on a good aftershave that would go with this would be appreciated. Thanks for reading this.

Jasman and Dzia Dzia like this.
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

isn't there a v and a couple other consonants in there somewhere? like in places that make it hard to pronounce?

3. Morman Bridge

Oh no......

crackstar likes this.
  4. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I know. I'm with you my friend. They are quite confusing. They spell the name in Latin type. Have a name that sounds like it's from an Eastern European country. Then finish the product name off in bastardized French or Spanish. It's so confusing.
    I think it means "Old Spice.":happy097:

... To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

crackstar and Morman Bridge like this.
  5. Morman Bridge

Good grief.

crackstar likes this.
  6. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I've been into the fragrance stuff lately myself and read reviews of Bvlgari on basenotes also and gave the same cologne a passing thought ot two. There were other fragrances for which I have more of a desire. So it's on the long list. I'm not real big on many of the current popular scents and testing at the department store counters confirms that many of them are trying to copy each other.
    PM me. I'll send you a couple links that provide more reviews and articles on such things as how to pair scents and help for what may work for you.
    Again scents like shaving are a personal thing so you know YMMV.

... To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

7. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

IMO, Bvlgari Pour Homme Extreme would pair well with many woodsy aftershaves, given its scent structure. A sandalwood of your choice or Captain's Choice North might work well. It's woodsy at its core, but has floral overtones at the start.

Remember that, as an EDT, it should be expected to have more projection and staying power than any aftershave that you don't marinate in, so how well it compliments a given aftershave is probably not terribly important, long-term.

Morman Bridge likes this.
  8. Morman Bridge

Thank you jasman! I appreciate the response.

Jasman likes this.
  9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It's pronounced BUL-ga-ree.

Robyflexx and Morman Bridge like this.
  10. Morman Bridge

I tried the Bulgari today. I am going to reserve final judgement for later, but so far I like it. At first it was a bit loud, but as it dried it mellowed some, and I like the various stages of the scents. So, so far so good.