Burts Bees A/S balm

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by southernscribbler, Sep 23, 2011.

1. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

I splurged yesterday and picked up a tube for $7.00. I couldn't smell it until I got it home, due to a tab covering the port, but figured it was worth a try.

It is what I consider a good balm. Very soothing and zero burn. The scent is very nice, especially after the dry down. Kind of citrusy at first then dries down to a mild minty, cedar scent. It dissipates quickly, though. Too bad, because I really like the scent. But, if you're looking for a soothing a/s that goes away quickly (4 hours, tops, on me anyway) then I recommend this balm.

2. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Neat! I always see the burts bees stuff and wonder about it. I was going to try the shaving cream, but reviews I read said they changed the ingredients and it's horrible now.

3. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

The reviews are correct. The shave soap I got was not even close to being a shaving soap. I wound up just using it as body soap, for the scent only. I have BBBay Rum a/s shave which I love as well as the Bay Rum cologne, which is no longer available on their website. For the rest of the Burts Bees stuff, I personally think it is way over priced. There are those that feel that it's worth the price, but their two a/s and the cologne are the only ones that seem worth the money to me. This is one of hose YMMV things. But, the BB a/s for 7 bucks was worth the try for me.