Burt's Bees' Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream

Discussion in 'Skincare Reviews' started by hyperwarp, Aug 4, 2007.

1. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

My go to Facial Cleanser is CETAPHIL, can't beat it's price/quality & gentleness but I do experiment around with other Cleanser's. Some of them have been quite pricey and not always with a performance to match the price tag.

The story of Burt's Bees' Company is straight out of a Danielle Steele novel set in the Hippie era. A lot of spouse cheating, back stabbing, etc.

I've tried most of their products. Love some, can live a good life without other's. Over all the line up of products is excellent. Another case of YMMV.

The Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream is quite efficacious. It removes dirt, makeup (allegedly !!!) and excess oil.

The main ingredients are Soap Bark (quillaja), Chamomile, Rosemary, Aloe,Sunflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Borax, Witch Hazel, Echinacea, Coco Oil, Vitamin E, Lemon Oil, Cilantro Oil, Tarragon Oil, Lavadin Oil, Jasmine Oil & MENTHOL. :droolYay !!!:drool

A small dab leaves your face feeling very clean & refreshed. After it is rinsed off it leaves a really pleasant, very fresh menthol sensation that lingers for a good while.

They claim it soothes & softens the skin (I can vouch for that), tightens pores (I can vouch for that too), renews cells & that the Echinacea reduces
    skin inflammations.

The label says the product is 97.00% natural. A 6 oz/ 170g tube costs either $8 or $9 at brick'n'mortar joints like Whole Foods, Target & other places that stock Burt's Bees'. I've seen it on-line for $6.53 (plus shipping).

I've used Cleanser's that were way more expensive & not nearly as good. It's nice to have a tube of this available in your bath. When I run out I'll definitely buy some more.