Butterfingers ( a thread for self inflicted shaving equipment damage)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BlueShaver, Oct 16, 2019.

1. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

I dropped my Fat handled tech in the sink and now it has a divot in the head. Not a huge one, and i can't see it unless i have my glasses, but its there, i know its there and i know i put it there... :angry019:
    Daft, but it has really Pi**ed me off, especially when the razor was in such good condition when i got it. :(

What was the last shaving item your sausage fingers destroyed/damaged?

RyX and brit like this.
  2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I dropped my Fat handle Tech it hit the Floor. Snapped the Threads off in the Handle. Went straight to EBay purchased another one. Then got to Thinking about it ended up buying two just in case. One made in USA and One made in England.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

RyX and brit like this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I dropped one of my favorites, a Grand Shave King Self Lubricating Razor. It snapped, almost totally destroying it. I did salvage the comb. I found that a forum member needed that part, so some good did come out of the disaster.
    I later found a reasonable replacement, but they are a great razor (for me anyway), and not easily found.
    I almost always get a terrific shave from mine.

RyX and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

i bent 2 teeth on a near mint new lc just after receiving it.thankfully the cap and handle were ok and i use them with my new deluxe..darn tiled floors..and butterfingers..

RyX likes this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

While swapping the NOTSO comb out and WILD comb in on my Bunny, I sliced my index finger a good one. The razor is fine, only a flesh wound. Been a while back and all healed well, but I remember...

brit likes this.
  6. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

I dropped a Merkur 23C. After falling 5 feet to the floor, it snapped the threaded stub off the cap. Merkur was not sympathetic, refusing to sell me a replacement cap.

brit likes this.
  7. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

Many years and several belt loops ago, I dropped my shaving mug. It bounced a bit, but was unchipped. I used it for a few more weeks. When the time came for a new puck, I set the mug in the sink, cleaned out the residue of the old soap, and it fell into a half dozen parts. That is when I realized that William's was glue.

brit, Hembree and BlueShaver like this.