Buyer beware

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by PatrickA51, Jul 9, 2015.

1. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I made a special order on Etsy on 14Apr15.
    Paid in full for the order, was told it would be about 30 days. to date today as of 1745 hrs. I still have not received the items. $42.00 is a lot of money for one container of Shaving Soap and one container of Pre-Shave Oil. I know it was a special Order, every time I have had contact with the seller seems like more excuses.

I have a message in to Admin about this but have not gotten a reply. When I do I will post all of my messages from the seller and from Etsy.

Redrock and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hope it comes in soon Patrick.

3. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'd insist the seller immediately refund my money. If someone tells me a month, I'm okay with that. After three, uh, no. Sorry seller, you failed to live up to your end of the transaction.

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    :signs011:Yeah, Patrick. It is time to move on.

5. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

I would just ask for a refund. If they fail to do that I'm not sure what I'd do. I mean if you stole goods from a store there would be legal issues. There's always the option to go the mafia route with wooden baseball bats....I kid I kid but I do hope you get this resolved soon it's very unacceptable. I would also post the name and leave reviews so people know.

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  6. PatrickA51

I belong to another Shaving Forum and they don't like the idea, of publicly blasting a Vendor. So I will not post the vendors name here, If people want to know who it is they need to PM me. I did receive a new tracking number, but it only shows that a label was created. I got the same e-mail as Etsy Administration received. So I will see what happened but I will never order from them again even if the stuff is great it's not worth the frustration. They are a well known Vendor.

7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Pulling for you @PatrickA51 .

Boojum1 likes this.
  8. txskimo

That's ridiculous. If somebody withholds a product 3 times longer than they tell you they deserve to have their name thrown out. You wouldn't feel bad about posting positive reviews if everything went as planned would you? I mean are people really concerned they might offend somebody? Reviews should be fair and not all positive if it's not the case....if this happened multiple times maybe nobody would know because they were told to keep quite publicly. Idk that kind of rubs me the wrong way....

9. PatrickA51

Jayaruh and Douglas Carey like this.
  10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

11. PatrickA51

My main complaint was they didn't answer my e-mails. If they would have been up front I could have and would have waited. I received several requests from Etsy wanting me to rate the product that I bought. How can you review or rate a product if you don't have it. I sent the seller an e-mail about Etsy requesting the review and I got a lame answer. Saying that Etsy always did that too soon.

GDCarrington and Douglas Carey like this.
  12. txskimo

I'm going to say you should be open about it. I thought about ordering from this vendor several times just never have and this would be a big reason why I wouldn't had I known. Also I feel like they're only trying to make it right now that you've involved Etsy over the deal. I'm not saying they're bad but they deserve the bad words as much as the praise they get.

13. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Patrick
    PM the vendor also

14. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

I feel your pain...seriously. We pay good money and expect good service. Hopefully the Etsy mods will work things out for you.

15. PatrickA51

I did contact the vendor.

16. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

I meant to say PM the vendor, but my brain moves faster than my hands.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  17. PatrickA51

In yesterday's mail I did receive my product. I also received a couple of other items Amanda at Tiki Bar Soap Company stands behind her products. I will order from her and Tiki Bar Soap Company agin. I just will not order thru Etsy, I will order thru their web site.
    https://tikibarsoap.com/

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    GDCarrington likes this.
  18. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorance, but what about Etsy created the problem? The seller is the bad guy here. She accepted a paid order with a 30 day delivery commitment, and took three times that long to deliver. Why is it Etsy incurring your wrath? Did they somehow delay Amanda's delivery? If so I am not only curious, but would consider it a favor if you were to tell us how that occurred. Many of us do business there.

19. PatrickA51

The product I ordered was a special blend order. (custom) The seller said that if I would have ordered thru her web site I would not have had to pay in advance. I'm only going by the had written note she placed in the box.

20. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got your product but I call BS on the seller.