C&E West Indian Lime

Discussion in 'Scents' started by msandoval858, Jun 11, 2007.

1. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to make it down to the local C&E to give this one a sniff. Anyone had a chance to sample yet? Looking for opinions.

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

No, but it might be time that I did. :D

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    No, haven't smelled it yet.

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Rat's just noticed this was a $40 Cologne. You got me all excited that is was a cream or soap. :( That's OK, I'll give it a sniff anyway. Maybe they have a BBB I can stare at and then leave on the shelf. :D Knowing their other stuff, I bet someone says it's "different."

5. jnich67

jnich67 Member

I tried some on in the store last week. Its got a nice initial shot of Limes, but the dry down is something other than citrus. Maybe vetiver? Its not a bad scent, but it really loses the lime quality after just a few minutes. Try before you buy.

Jordan

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Better yet, hint my wife that it would be nice as a father's day gift. :D

7. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

C&E's description:

Invigorating citrus fragrance - blended with essences of fresh limes, lemon, orange flower and vetiver - native to the British West Indies - with nutmeg, ginger and coriander and a woody accord of juniper, cedar and sandalwood. [Emphasis added].

I tried it the other day. The vetiver seems to stand out in the dry down and its almost a powdery type, not like the L'Occitane vetyver, the citrus aspect of the scent is fleeting at best. I'm going to hold off on this one and maybe try the ToBS No. 74 or get some more Royall Lymes.

In a blind test, I don't know if I would even guess a lime note.

Of course this is a YMMV caveat. I'm interested to see the comments that come in . BTW, the fragrance is not unpleasant. I was just expecting something more, well, "limey".

8. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Yes, try the TOBS. It has more than limes to it, but the underlying scent supports the limes instead of replacing it. It also lasts a good long time - on me anyway.

Jordan

9. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I'll definately try out the TOBS. The C&E still sounds like an interesting blend to me, as I like vetiver. I'll try to swing by the store this weekend and check it out.