C. V. HELJESTRAND with days of the week blades

Discussion in 'Post testing' started by Eva_d, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Great looking kit. The only thing that has kept me away from the old Wilkinsons is how hard it is to use a modern blade in them - the seven day kit razors being one of the more difficult ones.
    BUT if you get good wedges and can them shave ready it might actually be worth it.

Now, I don't know if that's the same with the Swedish Heljestrands...if it's the regular lathercatcher it might actually work straight away with modern SE blades.

I wonder why it's in a Hoffritz case :)

Regardless, nice gear!

4. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

You know.... I have absolutely no idea why the case is different. I never noticed before but, truthfully I had never paid it any attention to detail until yesterday. I was gifted several things of this nature and sat them on a shelf to look pretty. Until now.... I'm interested now , lol

5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Well, that Heljestrand is what is commonly referred to as a lather catcher and if it takes regular SE blades, which I'm thinking it might, you got a great piece of working history there.
    I got some lather catchers myself and they are actually great razors.

Your model is from the 1930's btw :)

6. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

I wondered how old it is. I'm a lover of all things historical but honestly hadn't checked this out for some reason. Thanks!

macaronus likes this.