Cadet Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Peter Cupitt, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Peter Cupitt

Peter Cupitt robe-wearing whale shaver

Hi Guys and "Guyettes" :)
    I have looked through a great many threads on the forums here and have not come across that many threads dealing with or even mentioning Cadet razors. http://shaveabuck.com/cadet-safety-razors-c-32.html Why would that be? :think002:
    I have had a look at the range (Large) and the formats (OC, CC, 3 piece, TTO) and the presentation/construction (LOOK fantastic). Any of them seem to be able to order the handle style with either style head, just let them know when ordering!! This all makes me wonder why they are not talked about far more widely?? :think002:
    I am about to buy an OC and CC "Matching pair" to put in a custom made presentation case for my bathroom benchtop.
    I am very much about having things that function as designed but I am even more about having those things LOOK like a million dollars.

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I own a few of the Cadet safety razors with the OC heads...I originally bought them just for the handles...But I now use the OC head for my first pass in the morning...I do find it somwhat to the aggressive side, but perfect for how I use it...If your getting a set I think you'll enjoy the OC...What handles do you have? I have the TP-01SS and TP-02S. I also have a Sabi T2....:)

3. Peter Cupitt

I want (Am ordering) a TP-30B OC, TP-30B CC, TP29B OC and a TP-02SS OC oh yeah maybe also a TTO-17 (CC obviously) cause ..... well, they are on special !! But my Interest is really with the first two.

Yours look really nice too (I just went back and had a look). They just LOOK like high quality razors.

4. Peter Cupitt

I can imagine two of the TP-30B razors with different heads in a presentation box with a pack of blades in a Silver engraved blade bank and one white glove
    ;)

5. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

TP-01SS
    TP-29B
    TP44
    :love055:

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  6. Peter Cupitt

Mmmmmm, now I went back and saw the TP44 and I really like that one too How many razors would you call excessive in one order????? :think002:

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

More than one of the same head design...

If you haven't tried them and don't know if you even like them, why on earth would you buy more than one?

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  8. Peter Cupitt

I like to live on the razor's edge ;)

Doryferon likes this.
  9. 178-bplatoon

No SUCH thing as excessive with razors..:happy088: Of course thats my opinion, my wife would have a different answer...:happy097: I also saw "shaveabuck's" Cadet razors at reduced prices. Could mean Joe is reducing current inventory to make room for other stuff "goody goody"..:happy108:

I'll tell you this, the reduced prices are good,especially when compared to EJ,Merkur,Muhle...You can basically get two razors for the price of one..The TP01SS Cadet is still selling on amazon for $26....I.M.O. if your going to get one now is the time to do it, so if you happen to get a bad one Joe will be able to replace it easily/quickly for you..I think the variety in handle styles, knurling and length with the Cadet line is "FANTASTIC"!!! I say if you can do it...GO FOR IT!!!!!! :)

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  10. 178-bplatoon

Having just read "PanChango's" post, he is of course correct..However I feel the razors are so well priced currently that after you choose two shave heads (CC,OC) you can then sell the rest of the heads as "brand new never been used" at a reduced price and make alot of your money back while still keeping the handles (heads alone usually sell for more than handles alone)..There are probably many guys here who would like to try a Cadet shave head with their favorite handles and just don't want to pay extra for handles they may never use...:) One of the good thing about being a member here is that you can ask around and see if anyone is interested....Just something to think about...

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  11. Peter Cupitt

I'm liking the way you think there Eddie. Kinda "deep and meaningful" and kinda "this is how you can get it past your wife". :signs011: Well thought out Sir. :D
    I do agree with Panchango but I thought AT WORST if I didn't like the OC (Since I don't have even one currently) then I could offer a couple to my 22Yr old twin sons, who might like them more than me (I know my Merkur has already been "Souveneered" by twin No.2). The price is so acceptable for me in Australia that I'm prepared to take the small chance. They are beautifully made/presented razors, I'm sure they will be equally solid performers.

12. Peter Cupitt

OK, the deed is done I have a TP-30B OC, TP29B OC, TP29B CC, TP-02SS OC and also a TTO-17 (Cause it was still on special).
    It is a pity that the TP-30B does not show up with the choice of heads as I LOVE the handle design more than the TP-29B. Anyway, I have also purchased a beautiful timer box in readiness for delivery to be made and then I will do a custom Presentation/Daily Case for the two TP-29B razors with their different heads. (Kind of a Dueling Pair presentation - Like old flintlock dueling pistols, yeah?) I plan to include two matching blade holders as well. Hopefully, when completed, I can take a couple of photos and post them up for public comment (or laughter).:git:

13. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

My "daily shaver" is the RazorRock 3pc (Mirrored Pole handle) which is said to be a re-branded version of the Cadet and other similar razors. I only have the CC design in a 3pc, but I have had great succes with it. I personally enjoy the aggressiveness of the razor, with vintage techs and adjustables feeling too mild for my tastes. I think these razors - in whatever brand they are in, are great razors and really do offer a way for a person to get into wet shaving without having to break out the pennies. On the otherside of things, I agree with PanChango's comment, but, to each his own. Again, they are at a reasonable price point and if unliked, shouldn't be too hard to part with. Enjoy and SHAVE ON!!