Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by cubancigar2000, Aug 5, 2015.
I am not a Pro at photography and am in need of a good easy to use camera. Any suggestions.
I guess I should ask if you want a dslr ( digital ) camera or not and what are you using it for
digital point & shoot under $250
Id go Nikon coolpix or sony. Both are great for point and shoot.
iPhone 6, 6plus
Canon PowerShot Elph 340 HS <-- Compact
Olympus TG-4 <-- Shock resistant, waterproof
Both take good photos
Most p&s cameras by the larger manufacturers are pretty good - your decision will probably end up being based on features and price.
Some things to look at right away are;
- when you take photos are you comfortable just looking at the LCD screen or do you prefer an optical viewfinder as well (meaning looking through a viewfinder with one eye) ,
- do you often take photos in darker environments and want to be able to do it without using flash? In that case a high ISO with a good grain filter can be really important,
- do you take macro photos?
- do you often take photos using the zoom? In that case get a camera with a high optical zoom (digital zoom is inferior to optical zoom),
- is water resistant important?
I've used a Sony Digital DSC-H50 model for years. I've used it daily for taking SOTD shots. I now use my iPhone 6 camera as the picture quality is superb as is the convenience.
Both cameras do a decent job of capturing large format images in various lighting situations.
Sony on left; iPhone image on right….
Shots like these is a perfect example that it is not just the quality of the camera that counts, but also the quality of the photographer.
Great pictures, Mr. Rollah
Thanks for the comparison shots. My iPhone 6+ takes better pictures than the Canon G-15 PS.
I guess the challenge is to find an iPhone 6 for $250
I have my old non-working one I'd sell for less than $250!
(regrettably, I am contractually compelled to return it in exchange for the new one.... of pay a $900(!) fee) Hmmm..$900.....methinks they want it back!
If it works on WiFi I'd buy it from you
Separate names with a comma.