Can Anyone Identify My Newest Aquisition?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by thomthom49, Feb 11, 2011.

1. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

Just snaged this about 5 minutes ago by convincing the seller to close the auction and let me buy it now. I've paid him so it's a done deal. It resembes the Gibbs and my Persona Precision, but it is not either of them. Seller assures me it takes modern blades. Anyone know what it is or when it came from. How about it Jody, have you seen one of these before. My guess is a resounding "yes", but I never have, and now it's mine. Can't wait to see it in person. What say fellers.
    :cool:
    new adjustable 1.jpg

new adjustable 2.jpg

new adjustable 3.jpg

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have no idea, but it sure looks cool.

3. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

what is interesting is that the mechanics seem to be on the underside of the base plate. Looking forward to trying it out.

4. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

John Deere made a razor?

I think the guards pivot(?) based on setting. If it's not made out of magnesium, it's going to be heavy.

5. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I remember looking at it and then looking it up in the Waits Compendium. Never seen one of those until the listing. Remind me again what the band name was on it. I remember it had a name and I looked it up.

6. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Looks like there's a lot of metal. If it sucks, you could always leave it under your car/truck seat as a weapon.

7. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

I could probably just put it up to my sideburn and let it go. Wit all that weight it might just shave me with no hands attached. :D

8. CSL

CSL Member

That rocks!!!!!

9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Ah! So that is what happened to my next to be newest acquisition!

Do let us know how it shaves!

10. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

Essor le Supreme or l'Essor Supreme

Jody,
    The seller didn't list a brand name that I could determine. But then my French is not that great. However, it turns out that it is an Essor le Supreme. So far I have only found one other owned by a guy on SMF. The knurling on his handle is different to this one. But apparently it is exceptionally rare! Looking forward to getting it.
    Thom

11. IAmTheJody

Guess I got it mixed up with another one I looked up in Waits. Got the eBay link?

12. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

13. IAmTheJody

According to the label seen inside the case lid, it's actually called "Le Supreme". And I haven't a clue what these are worth. I've never seen anyone before talk about or recommend this razor for shaving or collecting, so I don't imagine they are worth much money value wise. I definitely don't think you paid too much though.

[​IMG]

14. sas71

sas71 Member

cheers to your new razor. i want one of these so bad..but you never see them. one day...one day..

15. riffin

riffin Active Member

NICE! That's been at the top of my list for ages. It's a rare find! But I'm over my RAD now. No...Really...I'm telling the truth! :}

16. gregindallas

gregindallas Rolls Razor Revivalist

I think I'm going to need one also.:D Looks for all the world like a master’s design work in tip-toeing around a lot of patients. :D I also think long term wear would effect this design more that most. Oh well, the hunt is on.

17. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

What else is on your list?... Just so I know what to look for.:ashamed001

18. riffin

riffin Active Member

Really??! You'd do that for ME! That so thoughtful! :rolleyes:

Actually Robert Waits published a very nice edition of my wish list...

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Looks nicey nicey! :D

20. thomthom49

thomthom49 New Member

That's a really RAD list you know!:happy102