"Can Style" Shaving

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by fisherc, Sep 1, 2007.

1. fisherc

fisherc New Member

Today I was conversing with Charles about the new HL products an dhe mentioned a "style" of shaving that was new that combined the new rounds, new paste and the V200 brush. He referred to it as "can style" shaving. Can any of you knowledgable in this explain it in some detail?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I think he is referring to a new way of making his lather but not literally "can Style". If you read Mikes post in which the new products are presented, I believe the last paragrgahp refers to this new method

Raf

3. fisherc

fisherc New Member

Raf:

I've been searching but can't seem to locate the post you are referring to. Would you be so kind as to provide a link?

Also, I presume those of you local have been using the "soft" rounds as opposed to the "hard"?

Chris

4. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

"Can style" is the term Charles came up with for the process of using the brush soley as a mixing tool. Once you've created the wet mix, instead of putting the brush to your face, you pull it by hand and apply it to your face instead... similar to the way you would from a can of shaving foam, hence the term "can style." This is particulary usefull if you like to apply cutting balm along with the mix and keeps the oil based balm away from the brush.

This was also very useful for barber applications because the brush never has to touch the clients face when a shave is done. Debbie, the barber who has started using Hydrolast exclusively with her clients shaves, has had great success with using this technique.

5. JimH

JimH New Member

I saw a demo of "Can Style" last week. Charles can build an incredible amount of mix using this technique with a V-200 brush, soft round, and the new paste. Not a technique I need, but a good show of the power of the brush and products. I can see that it would be of value to a barber.

Jim

6. fisherc

fisherc New Member

Ahh. I understand. Thanks.:D

Chris

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Jim!

8. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I saw a demonstration of this style today. Very effective. I think this style will be beneficial when doing a last pass and touch ups because of how the mix is put together and it's consistency. I must say that it was a pleasure to spend time with Mike, Austin and Charles. A little "behind the scene" look if you will. A great big thanks to Charles for sharing his time.

Raf

9. fisherc

fisherc New Member

Raf:

Can you elaborate on this a bit more? Is it simply "pulling" lather/mix from the brush and applying it by hand to the face and hence the reference to "can" style shaving? Or is there something more to this?

chris