Canadian Aristocrat Junior razor (Cdn/England model)

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Ramses, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Ramses

Ramses New Member

To clean this razor properly can you take the handle apart from the head? If so how?

brit and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not without a specialized tool set and some knowledge. Mose users of Vintage razors rely on Dawn dish liquid, hot water, and an old tooth brush. You might sterilize with rubbing alcohol if you're squeamish. I don't own one, but ultrasonic jewelry cleaners are supposed to help unstick crudded up old razors.

It it dirty, or stuck? Can you turn the bottom knob and TTO (twist to open)?

brit and Frijolero like this.
  3. Ramses

Ramses New Member

A little dirty however all moving parts do NOT stick and work in very good condition. I thought I would strip down and clean ,polish all parts individually.

brit and RyX like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

If you do, you're going way beyond what most users do. The only time I'd see one disassembled would be for replating. That's an Aristocrat - Gold? Originally had a lacquer clear coat over the thin gold wash. If the clear coat is still intact, I'd just wash it gently.

There's a guy on another forum that has a reputation for disassembly, and repair. Check with CaptMurphy at B&B or get in touch via vintagerazorrepair@gmail.com.

BigMark83 and brit like this.