Can't quote when replying to a post

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by John Beeman, Dec 1, 2013.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Normally if I want to reply to a post and quote the author I simply click "reply" in the lower right hand corner of the post I wish to reply to and it puts the post in the reply box at the bottom of the page. Since yesterday whenever I click "reply" it simply jumps me to the reply box but doesn't put the quote there.

2. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I'm having that same issue since migrating to Windows 8.1

3. John Beeman

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and Internet Explorer 11. Not sure when I went to Internet Explorer 11 but it may have been recently because I remember getting a message last week asking me about a feature which I've now forgotten. The other thing I've noticed the last couple of days is as soon as I begin typing, the box I'm typing in grows considerably when it used to only expand as necessary. Right now as I'm typing line number 3 I've got 4 inches of blank space under this line that appeared as soon as I typed the first couple of words in this post and that's never happened before.

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

No issue on Linux w/ FF 25. (well, there's an issue w/ FF25, but not related to the OP).

5. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

not seeing that problem on Windows 8.1 with Chrome...

6. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Sorry, I should've specified in IE on Win 8.1, chrome works fine

7. TSimons

Yep, it's a problem in IE 11 on Windows 8.1... fix it to use compatibility view for theshaveden.com

8. John Beeman

Ta da!! fixed!!
    TSimons, you're a genius! and you can quote me on that. Heck, now I can quote me on that.
    Thanks a bunch.

9. John Beeman

Look at that. I'm quoting myself (as always).
    I've noticed that when I use my computer at work to look at The Shave Den site (on breaks only) it automatically pops up a message about having to show the site using "compatibility view" but it's newer than my computer at home so it's obviously fixing the problem for me automatically and simply giving a notification of such.
    Thanks again for your insight and wisdom.

TSimons likes this.
  10. TSimons

Not a problem! It's what I do at work so i would have come across this sooner or later when I deploy IE 11