Can't Win for Losing

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Michael_W, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Sheesh! When I was basically driven out of my last place of residence in October by my psycho ex-roommate (who has absconded with half my belongings and disappeared), I was able to recover much, but not all, of the remainder. Some of my belongings, such as my bed frame, television stand, a gargoyle statue, and collectibles were damaged beyond my means to repair them.

One of these was my treasured 2002 Banpresto 10" vinyl Godzilla 1954 figure. The right arm was broken off, presumably by my ex-roommates who were apparently rifling through my stuff at some point and playing around with them. I've attached a couple of images so you can see the damage and the stamp on the right foot.

When I got my income tax refund, I decided to splurge on ONE item and try to save the rest. That one item was another Banpresto Godzilla 1954 vinyl figure. After a couple days of delay from my not being there to answer the door on Tuesday, the replacement arrived today—with not only the right arm detached, but the left leg as well.

I can't win for losing, can I?

Attached Files:

2. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I've already put in for a return on the pre-damaged replacement, so with any luck I'll get refunded my money. But this is disappointing to say the least.