Carolina Wetshavers Group

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Tommynick, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

Hi

I started a new group for members from North and South Carolina. If the Canadian guys can have a group why not us?

My goal is to meet wet shavers nearer to me and hopefully facilitate some trades and sample sharing.

Maybe even try to set up a get together over some sweet tea hush puppies, good Barbeque, and slaw dogs.

Regards,

Tom

2. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Carolinas Group

Hi Tom, count me in your Carolinas group and this is a great idea since everything I buy has to come from somewhere else...London, California, Maryland, NYC......Doug

3. As long as some of my grandmas family recipe eastern carolina vinegar sauce goes on some of said que :D

Hehe the other half to this Frenchman is Brunswick county. I'd be all for a Carolinas social group. It's true that there aren't many antique stores or wetshaving suppliers at all here in Charlotte besides the puck of Williams at CVS.

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Huh. Sorry I missed this earlier. A Carolinas group might be kind of fun.

5. I guess we don't have enough Carolina shaver interest =/ wish I had gone to razorcon which was held in Asheville!

6. Tommynick

We can start with four and I know of a few others on other boards.

The Asheville get together sounds fun. Since I acquired my first two straights it gives me more reason.

7. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

I just found a wonderful barbershop in Bluffton,SC where I live that does straight razor shaving and sells Truefit and Hill products among other things.

8. :D that's only about five hours away from Charlotte. I really should find something closer to home. I see plenty of interesting looking barber shops here in Charlotte. I just don't know which ones are worth a visit.

9. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Most look at you like you just landed from Mars when you mention wet shaving, DE's, etc. And, they wonder why you would ever do something like that when there is a electric razor for sale at Target.:happy097

10. volleykinginnc

volleykinginnc New Member

I'm in Charlotte too

Heya gents....make that 5....I'm in Charlotte too and I can't seem to find any good barber shops either. There is a real high end place in downtown but never checked it out. Anyway, PM if you guys ever want to get together.

11. Tommynick

Hey. Emerson Joseph will shave you only with a shavette. I go to Coltswold Barber Its old school but they dont do straight shaves, Pitty

12. Readerbob

Readerbob New Member

Just found this thread. Another Charlottean shaver. I've been trying out my straight razor for the last couple of weeks, after shaving with a DE razor for 2-3 years. Count me in if anything comes of the group!

--Bob

13. trob0609

trob0609 New Member

Hey Tom. Looks like a little late here. Did this group get off the ground? I'm in Greenville, SC and would like to join.

Thanks,
    Tim

14. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Good luck getting an answer. Tom was last seen in 2015....

15. trob0609

trob0609 New Member

Funny. Is there a group anywhere in SC/NC?

Robyflexx likes this.