Castle Forbes Lime ?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by gadabout, May 5, 2015.

1. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I recently received an order of samples of various creams from TSD store. I'm in search of a lime-scented cream that I will finally like, and I included several in my order for me to try out. First up was Castle Forbes, which I tried this morning as it seemed to be the most promising of the lot. Well, I can report that I had great lather and great performance. But the scent, not for me. Sort of reminded me of turpentine.

2. Brad58

Brad58 Member

Sorry about your experience with the CF Lime. Perhaps something was wrong with the sample. CF Lime is my favorite (great lime scent) and QCS Iced Key Lime is my second choice. IKL has a significant menthol kick and is one of my go-to's for the Summer.

3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I also enjoyed the scent but scents are very subjective.

My favourite lime is QCS, Iced Key Lime which as stated above has some serious menthol. I prefer their creams to their soaps but are top performers.

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    If you like lime and you haven't already tried Trufitt & Hill's Lime or Trumper's Lime you are doing yourself a disservice.

I can't remember which I liked better, but they both have a very natural lime scent.