Caswell Massey 1752 Amond Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by techjunkie, Jun 8, 2011.

1. techjunkie

techjunkie Member

This stuff is just awful. I've tried it with hard water at the GF's house, and in totally soft water at my house, tried it with little water, with lots of water, cold water, warm water, hot water and everything in between, and the lather will not last more than a minute before it's disappeared.

To top it off, it's tough to rinse off of your face, causing dry irritated skin.

The wood bowl is decent, although the "varnish" on the bowl starts flaking off quickly. I sanded it down and used some Kramer's on it and it looks nice and holds a puck of Crabtree & Evelyn soap perfectly.

2. dashmaverick

dashmaverick Member

On the contrary, I find this soap to be quite serviceable and have no problems whipping up a slick, lasting lather.

3. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

I agree, techjunkie. I bought a puck of CM sandalwood a while back, and found it not only awful but unusable. The scent was good but the "lather" was nothing more than a thin membrane of bubbles that would disappear almost instantly. I ended up throwing it away.

4. Grick

Grick Active Member

Seems as though they took a bathing soap formula and rebranded it. Because bathing soap lather disappears quickly.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Our first POTUS(President of the....well, you get it). used that, someone wrote. Makes sense, given the year.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020