Celebratory scotch to open in 25 years or so

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by white_feather, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yo Danny you bring a bottle of Lagavulin, Regans got the Fiddich, the Stingster, and M-M can bring the Irish....How soon can everybody be at Mark's place before he polishes off his stash.....lol.....It's Summertime down there....we can catch a few rays before returning home....And we can get to the bottom of this, "Which is the best Whisky" once and for all....lol

Mark1966 likes this.
  2. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, sitting, sipping!

Come on Down (Under) guys....

Bird Lives likes this.
  3. Bird Lives

Sounds great, but I'm afraid, I made a slight, over-sight.... it wouldn't be the same unless we brought the whole Den.....:)
    So break out the Whisky Glasses and hide the menthol...See you might as well know up front...some of this crowd cannot be trusted to use Menthol responsibly...lol.

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

A house that only costs $20,000 isn't particularly a house I'd recommend to anyone as it probably needs another $80,000 in work. :happy102:

I'm dumb when it comes to alcohol. All I know is I like Maker's Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky and don't care what color wax they are sealing it in this month. :eatdrink047:

Bird Lives and alpla444 like this.
  5. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I'm way late to this thread, but I picked up a bottle of Speyside, Speyburn tonight and there's a story behind it as well lol...

I was at the store buying the scotch when a drunk guy comes up to me and offers to buy it for me if I give him a $20 bill to pay for his cab, which was waiting outside; I said go for it.

Its definitely a nice scotch though, scent wise it doesn't knock me over, but the smooth, sweet and awesome buzz that come with drinking it are great.

Bird Lives likes this.
  6. Bird Lives

Ahh Speyburn...a classic Speysider...I've forgotten about that one because I haven't seen it in like forever...That one is a hard one to find...Very typical of the Speysiders, only like Aaron said, not much in the sniffing catagory but very smooth, a nice sweet toffee taste and awesome vibe....
    This ones more like a 40's style Super Speed I believe....one that everyone can get a good shave with....very user friendly....You won't see anyone turning down a dram of Speyburn...;)

Cool story Aaron....I don't know about where your at, but on this side of the world Speyburn is not inexpensive...And worth the price of admission, I might add....A fine Speyside Single Malt...I like it...Lets share a dram or two my friend....

Sodapopjones likes this.
  7. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Anytime Lloyd, over here its not very expensive at all :cool:

8. Goodoldboy

Goodoldboy New Member

stick with macallan 21