Central Louisiana Barbershop

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by NoobShaver, Nov 1, 2008.

1. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

If you ever happen to land in Alexandria, LA and you need a shave & a haircut, visit Day's Barbershop. Just went there today and I am very happy. They offer:

Hot lather shave (with a straight) for $7.
    Haircut for $12.

It's a straight up barbershop. They only take walk ins, and they're good about moving people through. There was a nice crowd when I walked in and the whole process, wait and all, took maybe 20 minutes.

I did not get a shave but the guy next to me did. They give the full treatment, with a hot towel, hot lather (goop from a can, but it is quite warm) and then a shave with a straight. I don't know straights so I can't tell about what they use.

They use clippers for the haircut and shave the back of the neck with a straight. The barber cutting my hair did a very good job. This is followed with a liberal dose of Osage Rub and then a minute or so long massage of your neck and shoulders using a vibrating massager.

All this for 12 bucks. They're in the phone book, so look them up if you're ever in the area. I think I'm going to become a regular.

2. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Wow! Great deal!

3. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

My daughter lives in Independence so on my next visit.......

marty