Cheapest price for Israeli personna's on the Bay??

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by smooth_n_slick, Aug 19, 2008.

1. smooth_n_slick

smooth_n_slick New Member

2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    They absolutely are NOT the ones you're expecting.

If memory serves me correct, the auction blades are made by american safety razor in virginia (makes the walmart personna de blade). Aside from the bulk pack, the only time IP's are packaged in smaller numbers is under the crystal brand, and the crystal blades are exactly the same as real IP's.

Also, if you look the way personna is written on the blades in the picture...that's exactly how it looks on the blades being auctioned.

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

...I dont think anybody would be selling fake israeli personas. Doesnt exactly sound like a profitable business. As for ~$.10 a blade, that sounds about right. If you like the blades, go for it. If you've never used them before, dont buy 100.

4. smooth_n_slick

well I am not sure If I would buy 100, I figured IP are like derby's from what I have read, so I figured I wouldnt have any problems.

5. sparky5693

Administrator
    I'm positive auction blades are NOT real IP"s.

6. smooth_n_slick

...Great this is what I suspected just re-read the article, the wording is tricky and unclear.

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    No, but would you pay $0.10 for Wal-Mart Personnas?

Most of us wouldn't. Cause we know better blades to spend $0.10 on.

8. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I've got some of those blades and they're all right. They are NOT the IPs I was looking for, though. I'm not sure of where they're made.

They work okay and that price is good. But if you want Derby blades, you might check out amazon.com. I got 100 blades for 12.50 last week. Shipping was something like three bucks. That's roughly the same price I've seen real IPs listed at on ebay and it's a better price on Derby blades than I've seen anywhere else. Derbys beat those blades hands down, for me anyway.

Don't spend you money on something you're not sure about, unless you're buying a sampler pack.

9. smooth_n_slick

Thanks....I currently have lots of derby and merkur blades instock here, at home.so it's not that I was going dry! :D

10. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

If you havent yet used a ton of different blades, I'd suggest a sample pack from www.razorandbrush.com before investing in 100 of anything.

11. sparky5693

Administrator
    I'm not saying they're bad... the walmart personna does have it's followers, but i'm certainly not one.

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    A ton? :eek:

Guess I'd better order a sampler pack. :ashamed001

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I have some that come packaged identically that I got from westcoastshaving for 10 cents a blade, and they are my favorite blades. They are not the "IPs" you might be thinking (crystals) but they are fantastic blades. I just traded all of my Derbys away because after trying these, I just don't like them any more. Gave them one last try last night, Red box personas and feathers for me.

14. Padron

Padron Active Member

I bought some of these a while back, they seemed Ok from what I remember. I will have to revisit them....

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

Great shave, no knicks.....felt smooth and comfortable....at that price I would buy them again ;)

[​IMG]

16. biomesh

biomesh New Member

You will see these blades referred to as Red Personnas. I actually prefer these to the IPs. I use them for 3 shaves then toss. These along with Derbys are my normal every-day blades.

17. dmikel

dmikel New Member

18. These red blades are made in the ASR Nazareth Plant in Israel but are not the same as IP's. These are an economie production blade, so cheaper; but many shavers have reviewed these as good blades, some even prefer these to the IP/Crystal blades.

So not fakes but not IP's/Crystals either. I would buy 10 or 20 first, just to see if you like them.

Not sure if ASR still makes blades in the US, I think most blades come out of their Nazareth plant now.

Regards,

Paul

19. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I think the walmart personas are US made, the walgreens ones from what I have seen are Israel. The walmart ones suck, the walgreens ones seem exactly the same as these.

20. sparky5693

Administrator
    Maybe I should revisit these...