Cheapest razor with aluminum handle?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Engblom, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

What is the cheapest razor you know with a decent aluminum handle? I do not care at all about the head, all I want is aluminum handles. So far I have been buying Saiver razors just to get their handles.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

For modern that I would opine is about as cheap as you will get for aluminum razors. For vintage look for no name 3pc piece razors that look different from a standard brass type 3pc. They are usually pretty easy to spot by the finish when they are aluminum. Collectors tend to turn their nose up to those so they do come cheap in a lot of cases.

brit and Engblom like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

1960-70s british gillette techs..most are aluminum handled,french 60s ones if you like the earlier ball end type handle..

Angelo85, Herm2502 and Engblom like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Razorock Lupo is a nice looking razor with all aluminum head and handle and if using US dollars it becomes very inexpensive IMO.

brit, Herm2502 and Engblom like this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Ditto on the Gillette Tech. Aluminum handled ones are distinctive, due to the tartan-like knurl on the handles.
    gillette-tech-ball-double-edge-safety_1_64c25669ae280cccd299920dcb72cbb7.jpg

Angelo85, brit and Engblom like this.
  6. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

I've found my peace with Maggard Razors MR14.
    Available as stand alone too ...
    ;)

brit likes this.
  7. bobki

bobki New Member

Lord Safety razors on Amazon long light Aluminium handle bought one on ebay tears ago - L6 -- on amazon us for 6.70 Usd ex shipping and similar on UK amazon 4.99.
    Euro 5.99 on Amazon.de handle is light but usable.

brit likes this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I guess it depends on the length. Gillette aluminum handle techs or Lord long handle razor. The Lord is cheap on Amazon.

brit likes this.
  9. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

+1 on the British Gillette Tech razors.

ischiapp and brit like this.