Check it out Sparky! New Toy.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I followed your lead Bobby. I really enjoyed the 750 Shadow, but it was underpowered and pretty rough at speed on the highways. Hence I traded up to the VTX 1300r and oh baby what a difference! Previous owner tricked it out nicely w/ Kuryakyn grips and pegs, Vance & Hines pipes and the touring option w/ saddlebags and windscreen. The 'r' version is for Retro so it's got the old school scoop fenders and big tail fin. Sounds awesome, plenty of power, smooth shifting, good balance and a pure joy to ride. I love this bike!
    07 VTX 1300R (2).jpg

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Beautiful ride! Congrats! :eatdrink047:

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

That's bigger than my car.

Nice ride.

4. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

how does it lather?

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I can tell ya first hand, that's one fine scoot. My bike is an 2005 1300R. Mine is purple, and has the same saddle bags. I can see you've got some extra chrome on there. The taillight cover, license plate bracket, highway pegs, windshield, grips. and rear turn signals are all aftermarket. Somebody certainly put a few bucks in her. Nothing ever wrong with extra chrome. :)

:transport016:

I warn ya. The bike is just a down payment for the accessories. There's a ton of great aftermarket stuff for these bikes.

6. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Thanks fellers. This is the '07 model. The guy who owned before me definitely gave her a little TLC. All the things you mentioned make for a nice looking and riding bike. I had to extend the highway pegs w/ an extender 'cause the heel of my boot kept catching the brake pedal. Other than that she was ready to ride. We've had such a beautiful March here that I've been on it almost everyday. Looking forward to the warmer months though so I can strip off some of the coats and thermals and really enjoy the wind! CO is a great state for riding. At least 7 months of the year are bike weather. Love it!

IAmTheJody likes this.