Chiseled Face sample pack

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by gorgo2, Apr 22, 2023.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My kneejerk, probably useless open-jar-and-sniff insta-observations as each is randomly pulled from the box. I'll either keep them and perhaps buy more later, or they'll go in The Travel Box.

SUMMER STORM. I definitely get what they're going for and I don't think it's just power of suggestion. Clean earth and sharp wetness like rain on concrete. Keep.

MIDNIGHT STAG. Smells like a dirty shotgun broke open where they change oil and do body work. Interesting but...box.

TRADE WINDS. Spicy barbershop with a harsh detergent aisle undernote that made me sneeze. Still, it might go well with Shulton O.S. and a few Avons. Undecided.

CRYOGEN. A fan since it first came out. Keep.

SANTA PAULA. Bitter citrus and...something else. Why does it resemble Windjammer? Undecided.

BAY RUM. Mild, soft, warm spiciness. Barest hint of clove...or anise? Can't tell. Nothing distinct but that's not necessarily bad. Keep, probably.

SHERLOCK. Clean linens and the ghost of something like tobacco smoke but isn't quite. Inoffensive. Undecided.

CEDAR AND SPICE. I'm a sucker for tree scents but holy cow the cedar pencil shavings cover up everything else at the moment. Keep, probably.

PINE TAR. Yep, just as it says on the lid. Clean and quiet but will never be mistaken for Grandma's Cashmere Bouquet. I think I may have been one of the very first people to buy this one from CF years ago. Keep.

GHOST TOWN BARBER. I think I was also one of the first to buy this when it came out, as the aftershave. Opening the lid, this only barely hints at the goodness I know lurks within. Keep.

Bonus: TOBS Eton College. Subtle but deep citrus with more than that going on, I just don't know what. Definite keep.

That's the lot. If you've read this far, remember that they're just one nose's opinions.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023