Choices, Oh the Choices!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by FacialCarnage, Feb 26, 2013.

1. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

It is crazy that my shave routine has became accustomed to the point where I have about as many shaving choices as when I pick out my clothes for work in the morning. Which razor today? Oh ok, I think I'll try the schick injector, no wait...let me try this Gillette open comb? I'll use the EJ tomorrow. Maybe I'll use this blade today with this razor.

Hmm which shaving cream do I want, I think I'll use the Proraso Sandalwood, wait no, I'm going for the TOBS Sandalwood. What about aftershave, AquaVelva-umm no that will not match with sandalwood. Lucky Tiger?? Wait wait, I think I'll go with the Imperial Barber, the bergemot should pair nicely with sandalwood.

Is it like this for anyone else?

I love all the options and I must admit, what we have here is a little hidden gem and while I want everyone to experience this and I have turned several friends onto it, part of me is glad you cannot get all of this great stuff at our local Walmart. There is something fun and nostalgic about having to order all these products and razors from all over the country or world that you know that 98% of your friends have ever used.

I have been working on a Gillette 'The New' open comb(gold tone) all week and this thing is a beauty. I finished with it yesterday and this morning before work I decided to shave with it. Let me tell you, once a month or so I get a new 'best shave ever' and this was the first time this month. This razor is more mild then my Gillette Tech Heavy and I love it. I also like how the combs allow a little SC to stay behind after shaving, this especially helps on my touch up pass. But hey, this thing was so great I had to share. I was origionally thinking about putting this on my ebay store, but after using it today I will probably keep this one. Looking forward to seeing how the other opem comb I'm working on turns out.

2. Larry Stephenson

Larry Stephenson Active Member

Brother, I can SO relate! Good point, too, about the local unavailability of wide selections of products. Yes, it is nice to wait, knowing your new stuff is on the way; The Anticipation of Christmas Morning Effect. I have friends who are slowly giving themselves over to the experience of wet shaving. That initial apprehension, once overcome, gives way to a whole new thing for them. Some mornings, try closing your eyes and surrendering to those products and tools your hand first touches; spin the wheel of fate.

3. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

Right now I only have three razors but everything is in a rotation. Its nice because eventually I'll have tried everything in different combination.

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Unlike you picking my clothing for work for the last 34 years was easy same dark blue pants and light blue shirt day in and day out "a uniform". So my shaving kit has the same tendency same two razors EJ89 w/Weber handle and EverReady 1928 SE, same blade selection that will only change when I try a different blade otherwise I'll rotate between 4 blades PolSilver SI,Astra SP,Voshkod and Bluebird, same preshave prep,same few soaps,same selection of after shaves. In general I'm VERY happy with my selfimposed limited choices...:)

My problem is I have such a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, UNCURABLE CASE of AD its pitiful!!:( I can't help but buy other razors, other blades, other soaps, aftershaves etc. whether I use them or not!! I also very much enjoy the hunt and scoring another trophy to add to the collection!...Oh well it could be worse I suppose....:happy108:

5. DoughBoy68

DoughBoy68 Member

I finally discovered how to eliminate the "Which razor today" question, simply pick out a 7 day rotation. Easy, right? OK, which 7 str8s out of the 50 do I pick for that 7 day rotation......................

6. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

Just do a 50 day rotation lol. King camp can probably do a 365 day rotation lol

JRod22 likes this.