Christmas Day Shave

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BigMike, Dec 20, 2017.

1. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Christmas day is just around the corner and when that big day comes most guys are just gonna follow their same ol' shave routine like it were any other day. But not the folks on TSD. They'll break out their fruit cake scented soap and reindeer knot brush and scrape off the wiskers with a blade that would make Saint Nicholas himself think about sporting a clean shaven look for a change. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything particularly special and Christmasy for my shave on the 25th. So I'm taking suggestions. Any advice?

2. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Stirling Christmas Eve? A wonderful pine scent, with something sweet in the background...

Tiredricefarmer, preidy and BigMike like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

For that matter, Coniferous or Scots Pine could suffice(both from Stirling).

BigMike and dustmite like this.
  4. dustmite

But the CE has that little something extra.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh, of course...by the name alone, but I can see how it would.

BigMike likes this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Why not just use the best of whatever you have on hand? So the very best soap, the very best brush, the very best razor and blade combination and the very best aftershave. I can't recommend anything specific because I don't know your personal preferences or what you have on hand. I would think that keeping it simple and easy would be nice. That way you can get a great shave and go on to enjoy the rest of your Christmas. If selecting what is best takes more than about 5 seconds, then maybe select anything that is really good and use that. You should still get a great shave.

RyX, Paul76, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'll be using all past Christmas gifts from my wife:

An elk handle badger brush made by Glen aka gssixgun
    A custom Merkur 34C with a red mallee burl handle made by Elite Razor
    A hand made lather bowl made by ???
    Tabac
    Astra SP blade
    Curve cologne

I have a wonderful wife!!!

I do like @Shaver X suggestion of using whatever you consider to be your top shelf items.

RyX, Tiredricefarmer, JohnDB and 4 others like this.
  8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I’ve got some Frankincense and Myrrh soap, witch hazel, and A/S that I usually break out.

Keithmax and BigMike like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It's Menthol Monday, so something with menthol.

RyX, Keithmax and BigMike like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    TSD Cool Lime will be my Christmas choice.

11. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Stirling makes a number of pine tree scented soaps, PAA has their Cane soap and Dr Jon has one called, "Krampus". I'll be staying with my inlaws for a few days for Xmas and Im considering packing either Cane or Krampus.

12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’ll be using my Stirling Christmas Eve soap and aftershave. I’ll pair it with my @Jayaruh 221 brush and one of my best straight razors.

Of course I’ll be sipping some eggnog on the side.

13. capsfanx

capsfanx Well-Known Member

Well.....I will just was and see what the wife and kids ended up getting me and pick from that as far as Soap and Aftershave goes. Not sure what they got, but I know they got a couple for me.

Razor though will have to be my Rockwell 6S and probably pair it with a Ladas Blade. I ended up ordering a cool brush from Wild West Brush Works for myself to put in my stocking. So I will be using that for the first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, RyX, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  14. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Well I’m going to suggest a special shave. Go back into time a little and think about what the wifey and / or the kiddos would have gotten dear old dad.... did you guess old spice? that’s right!! So an old spice shave should be lined up and ready to roll.. and standard flare tip should work. Boy o Boy ! What a swell shave it will be!

For me this is what is lined up!
    B37DC02B-61B2-4EAA-A506-BD30A5A682BA.jpeg

15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

If I shave, it will be business as usual...

Linuxguile, RyX, BigMike and 2 others like this.
  16. dustmite

We're not going anywhere, and no company is expected. I probably won't bother shaving. Too many new Lego's to play with!

RyX, wristwatchb, BigMike and 2 others like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Arko
    Veg

Like a hero

18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

See above

RyX and PanChango like this.
  19. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Well, those are certainly some inspired suggestions, thank you!
    Maybe it was @ShaverX's advice, or just the impracticality of getting anythink new this late date, but I've decided to cobble together a kit from stuff I already have.
    I have a sample of The Captain Tiki Bar soap which I normally hate the scent of, but it might just be perfect for Christmas day. I'm going to change out my usual Astra SP blade for a Voshkod, which won't last but a couple of days but will be ever so smooth. And I'll substitute out my usual Old Spice with the slightly spicier Indian version that's been hiding in the back of my drawer (though I unfortunately don't have all those nice accessories of @Jorvaljr). I'll take a note from @PanChango and stick with my usual razor and brush: a Merkur Futur and Kingston Pure Badger.
    Done.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    RyX likes this.
  20. dustmite

20171225_073029_HDR~21.jpg
    Change in plans: no new Lego's this year, but Santa brought me some new shave gear! Off to test it out. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Linuxguile, BigMike, RyX and 2 others like this.