Christy razor instructions.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jaro, Aug 24, 2021.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Hello all. I bought a christy but without the instructions. Is there a scan I could reprint of them. I have looked online but couldn't find them. I remember 1 of the forums used to have a thread of scanned instructions available to print but can't remember which had it.... Thanks.

2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Which Christy you got? Might help.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

3. jaro

This one. Sorry I didn't specify which...

christy1.png
    christy2.png

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Hrmmm. We used to have a thread around here that was specifically dedicated to instructions and pictures of instructions for various razors and I could have swore it had Christy in it. I'll do some digging around and see if I can find it...

5. jaro

Thank you. I looked for a thread here and couldn't find one.. I appreciate the help

6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I just found it and tagged you in it...

7. jaro

Thank you. I thought it was around here somewhere. I clicked on the link and saw I had even posted to it before.. Thanks again.!!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Looks like the earlier model but here for somebody.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Enrico and cliffb599 like this.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The Christy company still exists, is still run by a Chisty family member, and makes knives. You might be able to get an original instruction sheet from the current owner, or perhaps a facsimile.

IAmTheJody, Edison Carter and jaro like this.
  10. jaro

Thank you for the help everyone who replied. I appreciate it a lot. I was looking at one of the sellers pics of the one I bought and I might get lucky because it kind of looks like the instructions may be in the lid.. I will reply after it gets here if they were with it.
    christy lid look1.png

11. jaro

If it is the instructions in the lid of mine I'm gonna see if I can scan them flat and put in a pdf file and post here in case anyone else needs them. Oh by the way I'm now looking for a set of vc1 valet auto strop instructions prefer a scan / reprint file of the originals that I can put with my razor I got from @Jorvaljr ...

Enrico and IAmTheJody like this.