Chubby Simpson

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by m0j0j0eman, Aug 7, 2011.

1. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

I am looking to buy a Chubby Simpson brush not this week, but the next. Would anyone please point me to a good website that I could get this brush?

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

If I was going to go that route I would choose The Superior Shave, reason being that they post pictures of their current stock, and you get to choose exactly which brush you buy.

Beat you to it Aaron!

Queen of Blades likes this.
  3. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

Those look really good. Thanks!

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I purchased mine from Truefitt & Hill. They have discount codes that save a decent amount of money and also offer a free shave cream sampler.

The only downside is that you do not see the particular brush you are purchasing.

I have had pleasant experiences both times I have purchased there and been happy with the brushes I have received.

5. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

And cheaper as well

6. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Dang Bill, I think you copied that verbatim its like I don't even need to exist anymore. :think001:

As far as T&H goes, it really depends on which brush you're buying, CH2's in Best at The Superior Shave were down to the exact price as T&H discount and as you can see they're all gone now.

If you're buying a CH1 or CH3, picking the right brush doesn't seem to matter as much, they're not in high demand like CH2's, which picked blindly might not be the best idea.

It also really comes down to, do you want something more Somerset era, or the newer bulbous knot, or do you even care?

7. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

What makes CH2 better than the other two?

8. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It's like the 3 Bears... One is too small, One is too large, and One is just right...

I'm not saying the CH2 will be the right brush for you, but I prefer medium to large brushes and the 28mm Best knot suits me just right.

You will have to figure out what works best for you and go from there.

9. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

Interesting way of putting it.

10. Sodapopjones

The handle on the CH1 isn't very comfortable, the CH2 fits my hand perfect, and I didn't see the need to spend the extra bread for 2 more mm's of width going with the CH3.

I would like a CH3 one day, but its not on my "Must Have" list.

11. neanderthal

neanderthal Member

I wouldn't rule out westcoastshaving.com. I have always received excellent; prices, products and customer service. Discount/coupon code? I'm not certain.

12. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

The discount coupon code at West Coast is bandb, it does discount Simpsons. I have not bought a brush from Jarrod at Superior Shave, but I have ordered other things from him and he is really an excellent vendor.

13. Sodapopjones

When it comes to most things, I have no problem with John, Phil or even Gary....