Cigar Fans

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Iceman, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Iceman

Iceman New Member

I really enjoy a good cigar. Are there any other cigar smokers out there?

Here are a few that I have smoked in the past few days.

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992. Probably my favorite stogie.

[​IMG]

Don Diego corona. A nice mild cigar.

[​IMG]

Vibe by Rocky Patel. Nice creamy smoke.

[​IMG]

Ghurka Legand. This is a very good cigar thats just loaded with flavor.

[​IMG]

2. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

nice , I hate all smoking or smoke but somehow I can stand the smell of cigars better then cigarettes ?

Is there a different way you smoke cigars compared to cigarettes.
    The dangers are the same ? corrupted lungs and lung cancer ?

Im not trying to be so dark minded here, I love the smell of pipe tobacco aswell the only one I dislike and cant stand of all 3 variants is cigarettes.

The only one famous I ever heared of is Cuban Havana.

3. Iceman

Iceman New Member

Actually it is very different the way you smoke a cigar. When you smoke a cigar you do not inhale. You draw the smoke into your mouth, hold it for a few seconds, and then release it. Also when smoking a cigar you only draw on it once every 45-60 seconds. Most cigar smokers do not chain smoke cigars either. We treat it as a way to relax as opposed to "programmed response" the way many cigarette smokers do after meals or when drinking, etc.

Handmade cigars are all 100% natural. They consist of nothing but aged and dryed tobacco leaves. Aging the leaves allows most of the nicotine to leave the tobacco leaf. Some will have flavors added but I have never tried any of them.

Since you dont inhale a cigar the risk of lung cancer is very very low. In fact, many doctors and insurance companies do not classify cigar smoking as smoking.

4. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Thanks for clearing that up If I ever find myself in company where im being offered a Cigar ill take it up and smoke it .
    Dont know the effect on teeth by long term smoking of cigars though I know the cigarettes kill your teeth and gums. but as with everything do it with moderation I guess.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I just cannot tolerate cigars. I smoked a pipe for a while, but I gave it up because I found it too cumbersome. Cigars choke me something terrible.

Jeff

6. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Rene....

If you subscribe to the theory that STRESS
    causes a great majority of afflictions....many of them life-threatening
    Then maybe you agree that alleviating stress in any way possible is a good thing.
    Pipe and cigar smoking are 2 ways I use to keep me mellow.
    I live and work in Southern California and the commute alone is enough to make me go Michael Douglas (see the movie Falling Down)
    I do agree with you tho....
    Everything in moderation.

7. Zachster

Zachster Member

I generally smoke a cigar every morning on my way to work, and occasionally in the evenings. I have a humidor full of expensive cigars that I gathered when I was more into trying different brands, but I've settled on some reasonably priced daily smokers: JR Ultimate Rothschilds (Honduran), and H. Upmann Robustos (Dominican). These are flavorful, hand made cigars that don't break the bank, so I don't have to feel guilty about setting them on fire!

8. Moderation causes cancer. :rofl

9. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I smoke a good cigar here and there :D

Probably about 3 or 4 a week at the most these days. Since I have an infant in the house I am banished to smoking in the garage again these days. I used to work in a tobacco shop back in the late 90's and routinely smoked 5 or so cigars per day! So I've tried a little bit of everything at one point or another.

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Partagas Maduro

11. Baron

Baron New Member

I love them, but I haven't gotten to smoke a good one (or one at all really) in a long time...

although right near where I work now there is a cigar shop with some inviting looking chairs...

12. Jim

Jim The Goose Is Loose

Iceman
    I always enjoy your posts and cigar pics! I am jealous about your weather tho you always seem to be out on your deck whilst I am having a storm!

13. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Haven't smoked much as of late. Too cold at night here lately (I don't smoke in the house) and I've had a cold, so I couldn't enjoy it anyway!

But I do like Arturo Fuente 858, Punch, and H. Upmann lonsdales. CAO Italia cigars are good, too.

14. teenagefrank

teenagefrank Member

Old spice and old havana

:drool the smell of the original old spice or mama bear's version in concert with a good dominican cigar is intoxicating, just try it!:drool

15. jnich67

jnich67 Member

I'm just getting into cigars now. The brand that I can really remember is Davidoff (special T I think) - because they were so much better than the relatively few others I've tried.

Jordan

16. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

You have good tastes my friend. Special T isn't my favorite of the line, but I have a good friend that hails that size as cigar nirvana. I'm a big fan of the whole special series, especially the Special R and Entreacto. I keep a few Double R around for when I have 2 hrs give it the attention it deserves.

Davidoffs are f'n expensive, I'll admit, but the quality is always superior. I'd rather smoke 1 cigar a week and it be phenominal then smoke a mediocre one every day.

17. rick

bump.....

Gispert Toro in Natural (;) to Iceman)
    5 Vegas Limitada Edicion (Maduro)
    St. Luis Rey

18. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Drew Estates Dirts
    Opus X Belicoso XXX
    Macanudo Maduro

::

19. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Don't do this to me guys. I got 20 cigars a couple of weeks ago and I will be looking for a humidor. Which reminds me, I need to go read some things about humidors. I recognize some tasty cigars from years ago. BTW, who sells decent cigar samplers? I hate buying 20 at a time of one cigar. The same goes for 1-2 at our almost non-existent cigar stores around here. They charge way to much. :D

20. rick

www.famous-smoke.com
    www.jrcigars.com

Ive been using Famous for the last cuppa times cause of their
    FREE SHIPPING on orders over $100.
    They will also allow you to create your own custom sampler.
    Good stuff.