Classic Shaving company

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Thomas Beaton, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Thomas Beaton

Thomas Beaton New Member

Hey guys! New to the forums so bear with me! I've been surfing the internet for some new soaps and I found Classic Shaving. I naturally checked reviews here and elsewhere and it was less than stellar. I like the scent descriptions and the price seems too good to be true. Seeing as how most of the reviews are a few years old I'm wondering if anyone has used it recently and if it has gotten better? Thanks!

Jayaruh likes this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    hightheir2.gif
    High their, @Thomas Beaton , glad you dropped in. I don't know those soaps. I have way too many already, and I have enough to last the rest of my life, I believe.
    I also have too many razors and too many brushes. But, I am having a blast with a different shave each day. Unfortunately, my face will not tolerate more than one shave a day.
    zwelcome1a.jpg

3. Thomas Beaton

Thomas Beaton New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    I feel the same as you, I'd love to shave more than once a day. This is an image of how I try to keep everything in check. If I cant fit it in on those shelves then I dont buy it! So far so good. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Jayaruh likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome..

MacDaDad and Thomas Beaton like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That is a nice den you have there.
    [​IMG]

BigD, brit and Thomas Beaton like this.
  6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Got my first DE razor from Classic Shaving and still enjoy it.
    Their soaps were difficult for me to lather in my hard water so I started trying other brands.
    Can’t tell you if they’ve changed their product formula or not.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Thomas Beaton and brit like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Welcome to TSD @Thomas Beaton
    Keep searching and you will come up with better options.

Thomas Beaton likes this.
  8. Thomas Beaton

Thomas Beaton New Member

I had that feeling before I started this thread, just a hail Mary. I have to sterling soaps that I LOVE. 2 mama bear soaps that are quite good. WSP black amber vanille is another one I have and really liking, so i think I'm good! I think I will venture into some PAA, black ship grooming, barrister & mann, and some more sterling. WAY too many scents out there!

JACarbone and brit like this.
  9. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome Thomas. I have no experience with that company. When I first fell down the rabbit hole, I spent countless hours reading/learning/researching equipment soaps, and buying randomly. That led me to this forum where my education really skyrocketed.

In the end, other that MWF, Tabac, Arko and Williams which are legendary classics in the soap world, I’ve become an exclusive Stirling user. EVEN with that self-limitation, I’ve spent several hundred dollars on soaps, splashes, and a few brushes, and still don’t quite have all the scents that Rod offers.

I have to doubts that there are other great brands that I should discover. But I fully believe that the performance AND value of Stirling is so high that I don’t need to keep searching for “better.” The grass is VERY green on the Stirling side of the fence, and I’m a very happy customer.

Good luck with your journey Thomas. I won’t be surprised if it leads you to the same place it did me.

JACarbone likes this.
  10. Thomas Beaton

Thomas Beaton New Member

Thanks for that message! Funny enough, I've already made the journey you described.
    I have 2 sterling soaps so far, coniferous and pumpkin spice- love them!
    Barrister and mann: dickens revisited- great!
    Mama bear: black coffee, and raspberry- both great.
    Wsp: black amber vanille- fantastic.

I think I'll continue with sterling because... its sterling!
    Thanks again for the reply and stay safe!

11. Christina Last

Christina Last New Member

Wow. Thats incredible.