Classy Man box

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Mustache, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

The Gaelic Tweed is woodsy and piney (according to the wife). It is a familiar scent to me but I can't place it. It is a light scent, clean scent.

The Barbershop soap was more of a soap scent with a hint of spice (again according to wife). Definitely a lighter scent compared to the other.

That's the best I can do for description. They both smell good I think.

txskimo likes this.
  2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Like Christmas in July:)

macaronus, wristwatchb and Mustache like this.
  3. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Garlic Tweed? I guess like an Englishman being beaten up by an Italian?

4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

This is a great gift! Your Bride is very thoughtful. Enjoy all your goodies!

Mustache likes this.
  5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

^ that ^

Enjoy!

Douglas Carey likes this.
  6. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Good to know. He's getting ready to open up a storefront down the street from me in Chandler soon. I'll have to check them out.

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good wife!!!

clint64 likes this.
  8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I have been contacted by several of these gift box companies. They pretty much want free product to put in their boxes. I have an issue with that.

I haven't worked the numbers if I were to do a box myself, but it wouldn't include a lot of other companies products because I have a problem with begging free product off other small vendors.

9. Mustache

Agreed... I know everyone wants to make money but if they get most/all of their products for free and the price they charge....they are making a killing. Shipping doesn't cost that much.

10. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I'm not saying that Classy Man is like this, but I believe some of these subscription companies jump on the bandwagon of any industry they see taking off. Some of them have probably never used any of the products they push.

txskimo and Mustache like this.
  11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Look at what they're including that isn't from small vendors; blades, Arko, cheap branded brush and razor. Those aren't horribly expensive.

It will be interesting to see what comes in subsequent boxes.

It is still a wonderful, thoughtful gift from your wife. :happy088:

Mustache and macaronus like this.
  12. Mustache

True. I wasn't discounting the goods that are in the box. I figured the company, whichever it is, was buying samples in bulk then sending them out in a convenient package. I was just piggybacking on the comment they alot of them want free stuff.

So far I'm impressed with the quality/variety(except the razor), and looking forward to the next box already.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  13. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I completely understand your feeling about trying to get free stuff for other vendors. I hadn't thought of that or the large amount of work and time involved for you when I made my suggestion. Perhaps it would be better if you just do what works best for TSD and let Classy man do what they do. And I should let the people who, know how best to do it, run these things.:)

14. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

I hope you keep us updated with what you get in you next two boxes.

Mustache likes this.
  15. Mustache

Here is the second box... Not impressed. First box had alot of good product(except the razor) but this box is a no go. One more box next month out of the 3mo subscription that the wife signed up for and I'll be canceling. I just now finally messaged and sent pictures on Facebook to Classy Man (their contact us web page doesn't have any info) so we'll see what they have to say...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Darkbulb likes this.
  16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I don't think I would be impressed either. Thanks.

17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    The scent is a Creed Green Irish Tweed knockoff. I use it and like it a lot.

Mustache likes this.
  18. Mustache

I messaged CM on FB, since that's the only way to contact them evidently. The contact us page on their website doesn't load and they don't answer Twitter.

I sent them pictures of the soap above and pictures of the razor head and blade alignment issues. Here is what I said and their reply....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I agree and accept the reply to the soap. I do not agree in the least with the razor reply. They made it sound like its a training issue on how to align the blade in the head and will modify their instruction sheet... I'm pretty sure I know how to align blades.

While I loved everything (product) in the first box, this box was worthless. I will be canceling after the third and final box in my trial subscription.

macaronus, Dzia Dzia and 178-bplatoon like this.
  19. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Thanks for the heads up. Can't wait to see what surprise you get on your third and final installment.
    Sorry for your misfortune.

Mustache likes this.
  20. Mustache

It happens. I wouldn't mind so much if they owned up to the obvious lack in quality of the razor head instead of blaming it on directions and user error.

I loved everything, product wise, in the first box. No complaints at all there(except razor). The second box was a $15 box as far as I'm concerned.

From the looks of their web page and FB, they have only been around less than a year. I don't mean to bash their business, everyone starts out somewhere, I'm just not seeing the value/customer service yet. I'll definitely post the next box results for everyone to make their own conclusions.

Dzia Dzia likes this.