Cleaning The Shave Den *!*

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by SSLSTudio..., Apr 17, 2007.

1. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Inspired by TJ's Shave Den Show I had to look myself in the mirror and promise me not to become that man one day ! I mean that was a serious show the bathsoaps left me gasping for air !

I then looked around my Shave Den and concluded I was well on my way to become a (twisted) man there is no way I could explain to anyone why I would have more aftershave in my bathroom then any simple drugstore... so it was time to roll up the sleeves and start cleaning.

I believe in Feng Shui everything has a proper place to move the right amount of energy around ,well in my bathroom it was like going NO WHERE ....

Well I started to clean up according to the following rule

1- The shave creams
    2-Shave soaps/sticks
    3-Aftershave alcohols.
    4- Pre/aftershave balms
    5- The EDT's.
    6- Face Wash/scrubs

The main reason for cleaning up was it was all catching DUST and because of one man here at TSD (who shall remain nameless ! ) sending me way too much goodies, and guess what after I was finally done cleaning the bathroom for about 3 hours ! The guy calls me up ! and starts telling me what my next box of shaving stuff would behold. :eek: :eek:

So right now my Bathroom looks pretty empty compared to before but everything is sparkling clean and I only have my top 10 favorite items in the Shave Den its very comforting to know atleast I have some stock hidden away incase I run out ? ! :eek:

Attached Files:

2. xChris

xChris Member

[insert "whistling" smiley here]

And that's just what you're getting rid of?!?! Amazing.

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Impressive collection, Rene! ::

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:happy001 You gotta be kiddin me - you have more stuff that I do!

:drool:drool:drool

Good show Rene - you might be the BMOC :D

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

1) How are those Anherb face washes

2) Is that a vintage Williams Mug soap? :drool

6. Will

Will Nevermind

:drool :drool :drool

OH YEA!

If you want to off load the Erasmic Shave Sticks, I am your man. :D ::

And your Florena and your Ingram too.

I will send you some Velva (you NEED it :D).

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Wow Rene! :eek:

Where are your manners Will? Ladies first.....duh! :p

8. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

I can't believe how much stuff some of you guys have! I've only got two razors (only ever use one of them), three brushes (again, only ever using one of them), about four creams, and six soaps, four ASBs, and three splashes. I'm awed by you guys!

9. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I consider myself lucky. I haven't had to collect aftershaves and colognes. It's bad enough with all the rest.

10. SSLSTudio...

The Face washes are splendid though the Honey/Milk version (orange) is the best. the lemon one can be a bit harsh because its made for people with very oily skin I thought I was one of them but appears im not still no big deal because you need to hydrate with a moisturiser anyways. I'll send you a sample incase I send something to Mr Canada again which is a couple of packages a year... if I still have some left. Right now I switched to the Scent from Heaven Acne face wash soap pucks they didnt make it on the photo.
    The Face washes go a long way too a little lathers like crazy unreal !

Yes its a William Mug soap , is it good ? I kinda hear mixed feelings in the hallways ..like some hate it others like it ?

ps

Do I dare BMOC ????????:confused:

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Big Man On Campus.

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I like the Williams a lot, bro - but the packaging looks different on yours. I was wondering if you had the vintage style or something

13. SSLSTudio...

Please do so ! and I mean that with all my heart it can get pretty much out of hand when your NOT paying attention.
    as I write this I have a big box with Aramis collection on the way and a new big box with aftershave and some EDT's as if I dont have enough.
    I told the guy really I must enforce more self discipline I wont be back at your store atleast till the winter !!!!!! ATLEAST !

I actually have a back up storage Den with a few extra items cloned I was kinda shy to show you so ill take them out and show you what they are..remember its the back up stock some stuff I could need in an emergency or I just like very much and fear of running out !

you'll are so kind so im less shy now.

14. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Ya, I have an emergency backup inventory too. :o Multiple Proraso tubes and ASBs and C&E Sweet Almond Oil pucks to name a few. Like I really needed them but, they were on Clearance SALE! I have to admit, I have been good for 2 whole weeks. Just one DE related purchase. I have my list ready to go when my tax check comes in. Then I might need a backup den like you. :D

15. SSLSTudio...

Back up Storage DEN.

Like any sane guy :: out there you do need a back up plan incase you run out or run into an emergency.

You never know when you wake up and suddenly you find yourself stuck because the stores are closed due to some holidays. like Easter, Christmas, 4th of Juli ?

So here are some of the items that didnt make it or are def. not kept in the Shave Den.

Sun Silk Shampoo's 8 different versions 14 bottles on stock
    Aloe Vera cream little jar 4 oz you cant run out of Aloe Vera ! 10 jars on stock
    Williams Deo control 6 on stock.
    Some German natural stuff. similar to Uder Balm ...(2)
    Floris Santal :drool :drool gorgeous Sandalwood blend.
    ( incase anyone wants a decant of the Floris Santal I wouldnt mind )
    B&B Cologne 2 oZ emergency refill Blue glass bottle. (not on pic)
    Some more Toners and Cleansers

ps

the 3 crystal looking bottles are EDT which have a Flower Note to them. Rose and Jasmin for example.
    they are not made any longer.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120788.html

Attached Files:

16. SSLSTudio...

Just checked the box on the bottom it says

Savon "Williams MUG "

Ce Qu 'il ya de mieux pour le pot a barbe

One Side says

Williams famous for its Lather the other side

Williams Renomme pour sa Mousse (which is the same obvious but French)

Smells very Arko Stick dont you think TJ ...sigh.. im like sniffing up detergent again :mad: its a bit citrusy but CURSE the DAY that I smelled a dish wash liquid or detergent very similar to this like 98% !

17. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Keep this up and I'm going to set up a wet shaving excess inventory web store for us DElunatics. :D

18. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Rene - :drool :drool :drool

You don't mess around bro, I like your style :D

Williams Ice Blue DEO - tell me that smells like Aqua Velva, and I'll faint :eek:

19. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow Rene!!

That is quite an impressive stash there, I'd like to come over and raid your cabinets :D

20. SSLSTudio...

If only I knew how Aqua Velva smells ,just checked the ingredients list it does contain parfum. it smells nice and fresh.
    Im kinda scared to start using Aqua Velva a/s I have seen what its doing to some members here.:rolleyes: