**CLOSED** FS - Vintage Razors and sets, Darwin luxury software + Drake brush

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by tonich, Jul 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonich

tonich Well-Known Member

Collection reduction!

In the descriptions bellow I will mostly outline the imperfections that I have found like: bent or missing teeth, brassing, cracks, chipped cases, misalignments, mechanical problem, missing accessories etc. The potential buyers are welcome to contact me via PM with further questions.
    I tried to fairly price all the items therefore I do not expect potential buyers to contact me with offers.

All prices in CAD dollars. Shipping to Canada/CONUS included. Paypal only, Paypal fees included.

1. Vintage Gillette NEW #88 set, Made in England, model 1934 - CAD $90 SOLD

Razor is the 2-piece NEW RFB design and my favourite actually. Weights 59 grams and operates as it should. Silver plated. The plating shows wear and brassing on the topcap. The topcap screws in tightly and securely. All teeth present and straight The handle has NO cracks!
    The case is in OK condition, little faded from its age. Little wear and tear and faded from inside. Some dings on the outside of the case with some wear and brassing. The case closes properly, although the spring is missing.
    Lovely piece of history that shaves BIG!

Actual photos (click to zoom!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------------

2. Vintage Gillette Aristocrat razor set #21, Made in England Complete matching set with second generation British Aristocrat. - CAD $220 $200 SOLD

Razor weights 78 gr. Works as it should, TTO works smoothly silo and doors open smoothly and evenly. Yet a bit stiff movement from being retired for a few decades. Will improve with use. No bent parts or other misalignment. Rhodium plated with no brassing that I can detect.
    Case in VGC, clean and crisp from inside, has the usual light stains on the lining around the Gillette logo as shown. Clean and crisp from outside with no wear shown. Shows little flea bites on the outside metal edges as shown on the photos. Case closes properly,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

--------

3. Gillette Aristocrat razor set #22, Made in England. Complete matched set with third generation British Aristocrat - CAD $150 $140 $130 SOLD
    Razor weights 73 gr. Works as it should, TTO works smoothly silo and doors open smoothly and evenly. Shows some wear on the baseplate and appears dull. No bent parts or other misalignment. Rhodium plated
    Case in fair condition, with some wear and stains on the lining. Case closes properly

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

--------------------------

4. Big lot of vintage Gillette rasors/sets in user grade condition - CAD $160
    SOLD as lot only! SOLD

All TTO razors work as they should, no missing teeth. Consisting of Gillette #44 set, Gillette British Rocket in a chrome case,
    2-piese NEW RFB from #77 set, Mеn's vintage grooming kit with Gillette Tech razor, Gillette British slim twist, Gillette Prewar Tech, 2 pcs British FB Tech, Gillette NEW LC with mismatch topcap, OT clone, Gillette British post war Tech razor, extra Tech baseplates. Please reviw all the photos. All parts are 100 usable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---------

5. Darwin software NEW unopened - bay rum soap with duck fat 200 gr in a pouch and luxury bay rum aftershave, Darwin Drake luxury brush.- CAD $160 $150
    Ships to Canada only due to alcohol content

All items bought from the official supplier: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/DarwinShaving?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=761389504

Soap and aftershave are untouched, just used the brush for a couple of times. It has a luxury feel.
    I decided to pass to someone who will enjoy - my loss is your gain. I paid CAD $260, selling for CAD $160

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]