Clubman Shave Aftershave Lotion

Discussion in 'Aftershave Reviews' started by VetsJetsnGuns, Feb 21, 2008.

1. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

I used classicshaving.com Bay Rum shaving cream with a Merkur HD and Gilette Sweedish Blade.

I put the clubman shave on while my face was still wet, as opposed to drying it off as the directions say. It went on a little greasy- felt like any old cheap hand lotion, which really let me down. Fortunately, it all absorbed, which suprised me.

It has a definite cooling effect. Normally I'm adverse to this, but this was very mild and non-irritating. I actually enjoyed it. (compare this to nancy-boy aftershave cooling gel which was too much for me)

The scent is very light but pleasant. I wanted more, so I let this soak in and then threw on a little Clubman Pinaud splash. I reccommend this. It didn't sting after using the lotion, and my face had a nice, tight firm dry feeling after a couple of minutes (not sticky or tacky).

The list of ingredients is long. But it does have caffine, which I'm growing to like in an aftershave. There's aloe and menthol in there, also.

The first few ingredients listed are: Aqua, Akyl Benzate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycern, Dicoprylyl Carbonate, Aluminum Starch Octenysuccinate. there's got to be 20-30 total ingredients

it's not great, but it will be tough to beat this for the price, and I will use it again as above.