Clubman Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by cmorris357, Nov 26, 2015.

1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sorry, not up on all the texting lingo.
    What the heck is ICYMI?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

In Case You Missed It. :)

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Thank you. :eatdrink047:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Guess the topic line covers it. Has anyone tried out the new Clubman SS? I like the Clubman A/S and Colognes and wondering if I should take the plunge and get some of this.

If so, a review is needed for the rest of us. Thanks

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm wondering the same, Poppi. I should say I have two of the hair-gels, which I suppose give the appearance of shave soaps, but for hair only :).

7. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

Received e-mail on 12/3---my order from Clubman has shipped-I guess one can order from stocked shelves now!

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Mike Brown

After finally receiving all of my Clubman's preorder(took over a month longer than advertised) I feel these products are only so-so. The shave soap is only on par with budget products, the head shave gel does not moisturize, and the brushless shave cream is meh. I believe the products are over priced and there are too many better ones available on today's market. I am, however, a regular user of their after shaves and talc. YMMV, but with all the hype before this product arrived, I am disappointed with the quality. For some strange reason I was also looking for classic Clubman scents.

crackstar and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  9. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

sSo what is the scent of the shave soap? I was hoping for the classic Clubman scent.

10. Mike Brown

It reminds me of my grandmothers perfume-----powdery scent.

11. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

The Clubman shaving soap seemed to get pretty bad reviews for the amount of hype for it. Some of the big name companies don't care if the product is good, because a lot of people will buy it for the brand name alone, plus to someone that is not a wet shaver, it may be better than canned goo, but we tend to get spoiled with so many great soap makers out there, that is creates a dog eat dog world, and the product had better be good before releasing it to the public.

A few soap makers have released shaving soap without doing enough R&D, and ended up getting terrible reviews, the problem with this is even if they reformulate the product, there will be people that remember the bad recipe and will not be willing to give them a second chance. Bottom line is that is it in a soap makers favor to make the best first impression, because there can only be 1 first impression.

Mike Brown, opsimath and crackstar like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'll stick to their aftershaves and shampoos(although I may take a spin back in time and get their talc)

Spyder and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

The talc is wonderful. It has the classic scent and it comes in white and flesh tone. I tried the shampoo but the bottle doesn't look like the Country Club shampoo, it is a white bottle with the clubman logo on it, smelled nothing like clubman and left my scalp dry, I found it at a beauty supply store, but I couldn't find any info about this particular bottle. Here is a pic.
    clbmn.jpg

14. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I need another bottle of the Clubman country club shampoo. It's great and has the classic scent. I also agree with you on the talc, it's great, and I use it regularly.

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.