Clubman Special Reserve Cologne

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by SpeedyPC, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Needs to be decanted into a glass bottle. B&M Lavanille is a very close copy.

RyX likes this.
  2. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

I love it. Smells like.. old leather chairs, decades of cigar smoke and classic men's aftershaves. Basically Masonic Lodge in a bottle.

TheFiveO, brit, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My absolute favorite!

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  4. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

Special Reserve- old wood ,leather like an old leather chair in a private library or club or a saddle that has been rubbed down for years with saddle soap etc. It is very strong,I mix it with witch hazel and a bit of glycerin cuts down on the projection but not the longevity.One morning I stopped at a Taco Bell for a breakfast wrap.The lady took my order looked at me and then walked to the drive thru window.Then she came back to the counter and asked what I was wearing.I told her.She inquired where to find it and murmured "got to get some for my boyfriend",lol felt good the rest of that day.

Enrico, RyX, CarlfromMO and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jacobite

Jacobite Member

It is good stuff. However, go easy on it. It projects a mile. Very easy to overdo this one and be "that guy" all day.

RyX, Enrico and Paul Turner like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I try not to, but sometime I think I'm "that guy".

Tedolph, brit and RyX like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It might be part of my Clubman package order next year.

RyX likes this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's almost that time Paul. Stock up!

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

Not QUITE panicking yet, but I'm getting there.

RyX likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

ordered some last night..enablers r us..:) thank you..

Primotenore, RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

I like it straight up, but for days when I'm not out in the windy cool air I blended a portion down. One third each Pinaud SR, vintage Avon Leather, & MEM English Leather give a smoother top note yet kept the all day long base of Special Reserve.

Enrico, brit and Primotenore like this.
  12. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

This has become my newest favorite from Pinaud. It definitely gives ya a feeling you have entered a whole new level of manliness! :transport016:
    As others have said though....a little goes a LOOOOONG way

13. Paul Turner

I'd agree to both comments.

brit likes this.
  14. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

@wchnu This guy is already chosen by the veg, and has strong opinions of this product.

Tedolph likes this.
  15. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I’m not a big fan. Neither is my better half. It’s not entirely unpleasant but it can be overpowering. The original Pinaud Clubman is my absolute favorite and I really like Lime Sec, Citrus Musk and Virgin Island Bay Rum. But Special Reserve probably won’t be in my aftershave collection once this bottle is done.

16. Paul Turner

I'm glad you like the two summer scents, at least. Reviewers tend to agree with you on Special Reserve-a little does go a long way.

17. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I also absolutely LOOOOOOOVE the classic Pinaud Clubman.

Tedolph, Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  18. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Special Reserve is very strong and polorizing. No subtle scent with this one, perhaps the best longevity of the Pinaud line IMO.

The scent works better for some than others. While i quite like the scent my GF cant stand it, so i decanted it into a small sample sprayer. Shoot 1 spray and stink all day!

brit, Paul Turner, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Which ones do you use that she DOES like?.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and RyX like this.
  20. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

My bottle of SR. This juice is for the man that can shoot his own meat ( well let’s say harvest a game animal), start a fire and cook his meal. Definitely masculine and not for the faint of heart. A mix of tobacco, leather, gunpowder and horse dung . All in a good way. I’ll give it a hearty :happy088:

2278CF79-F452-4F20-8A83-7BA929B7A9D8.jpeg