Clubman Whiskey Woods

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Rob206, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Rob206

Rob206 Well-Known Member

I just threw on whiskey woods which came in the mail today. Awesome scent. I'll definitely order the gin and brandy scents to try.

Has anyone used jeris musk, spicy or lilac from stephan or the spice by lustray? Quality of scent, longevity? I have a feeling most of my future aftershaves will come from Stirling, but still curious on these.

Paul Turner, RyX, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have Gent's Gin(Clubman), and it is quite nice. Would like to try the Whiskey Woods next. You mention Stephan-I haven't used those, but I have the Bay Rum("Fragrant Skin Toner"). Not much scent jumps out, but I can say this, whatever "clove" smell is nicely mixed in with the other ingredients. I'm not a clove man. And it provides a nice face feel.

PLANofMAN, RyX, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  3. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I have the Jeris Musk, and Lilac from Lustray. I really enjoy the scent from both. The musk is soft and not too overpowering, but for an aftershave it has good staying power, and can hold its own for a while as your main scent for ther day, especially if you reapply later in the day. The Lilac scent is one of my favorites, though it doesn't have quite as much longevity. It smells nothing like Pinauds Lilac Vegital, which still is another one I love! The Lustray/Stephan is much softer and subtle without the controversial other scents of the Pinaud. For the value, the Stephan and the Jeris Lilac and Musk are very agreeable and great smells to my nose lol. Theyre both really the typical alcohol aftershaves, so skin feel after use is pretty traditional of them.

Tedolph, RyX, Paul Turner and 3 others like this.
  4. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I have the Whiskey Woods and also like it. I have only used it twice so far.

5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I ordered samples of the Whiskey Woods, Brandy Spice and Gent's Gin. It's a YMMV thing of course but I didn't care for the Gent's Gin. My Bride and I both like the Whiskey Woods and Brandy Spice with the Spice liked slightly better. Both are nice scents and I will be ordering some more as soon I as I use up some of the other stuff I have hanging around.

6. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I have some Whiskey Woods, not too bad. The wife doesn't hate it, but not one of her favs.

7. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I like Whiskey Woods ,it is rather "soft" in character.I pair it with Bourbon Craft Cologne which is a bit harsher so they blend well and deo stick from TJ Maxx.Really nice layering.

Tedolph, Paul Turner, brit and 3 others like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Agreed when compared to older Pinaud scents. It's not an all day powerhouse like Clubman, Special Reserve, or The Veg.

With no particular matching soap I've paired it's floral musk with Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood (light cologne scent), De Vergulde Hand (light lime/citrus), and Stirling Piacenza (citrus musk).

Anyone found a soap that it does come close to matching?

9. Paul Turner

I think I'm just going to use foam to match it for now...but next year I plan to make a play for a Bill Neumann-hopefully the Heartwood-which I think could be a good match.

RyX and brit like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

fine aftershave imo..not as strong as other pinaud aftershave but thats o.k .it pairs well with my edt's ,mostly woody ones..from time to time i catch a glimpse of it when on its own..definitely a more modern aftershave scent than its forebearers..

RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    You would like Master's Bay Rum. No clove in it at all.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  12. Paul Turner

I do believe I would....thanks. Might be sold locally, too.

PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  13. Grick

Grick Active Member

I got a bottle today. As much as I like the fragrance: It virtually smells exactly like the Pinaud firme hold pomade! I'm disappointed that they simply reused an old fragrance for their new series. Once I've actually used it, I'm gonna find out if there are some subtle differences.
    https://www.clubmanonline.com/clubman-firm-hold-pomade.html

brit likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

And an update...I now have the Whiskey Woods and really enjoy it.

brit and Tedolph like this.
  15. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Whiskey Woods News Flash:

Attended a very swanky Faculty/Alumni dinner at a prestigious university last night. Took a nice double pass straight razor Cella shave before I left the house followed by a generous splash of the salubrious Whiskey Woods aftershave/cologne. During the happy hour, one of the young female waitresses was passing around hor d'oeuvres. When she made her second orbit and came around to me again she asked me what I was wearing. I responded "The Clubman Whiskey Woods". She said "you smell fantastic, where can I get it?". I presumed she meant for the man in her life.

Honestly, I wonder if there is any other brand of A/S that gets as many unsolicited compliments as Clubman?

Oh, I forgot to get her number.

Jim O and brit like this.
  16. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Classic Clubman Pinaud is the only scent that has gotten me unsolicited compliments from my wife and teenage daughter. It is not my personal favorite, but it certainly gets more use than others because of the effect it has on others. :)

17. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

Whiskey Woods pairs well with Avon Oland cologne

18. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Cool. I'll have to remember that. I have Oland cologne but I cant remember if I have it in an a/s.

Paul Turner likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

I just bought the 12.5 oz of that, which I believe is in most barbershops.

Tedolph likes this.