Cobra Classic Owners?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Corey, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Corey

Corey Member

I know there are a few of you out there, so hopefully you'll stumble into this thread.

How does the Cobra Classic compare to an Injector? I'm very interested in buying one, but am concerned over how it shaves. If it's similar to an Injector, I'd be a happy camper. If it's more akin to a Gem or similar, I'd rather pass.

Anybody able to provide some comparisons?

2. rainman

rainman New Member

Great advice so far.:happy102

3. Corey

Corey Member

I kind of thought it might be like this. No biggie though. It's one of those razors that so few people seem to have. It was a shot in the dark and it missed. No biggie.

4. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

With all the people who spend big $$ on EJ's and similar customs, you'd think more people would have gone in for the CC.

I already mentioned in HYD that I'm quickly becoming a fan of the Injector, but I still dunno that I'm ready to drop the kind of money Feather wants for that CC. ;)

5. Corey

Corey Member

I'm still on the fence. Some days I'm half ready to pull the trigger and pick one up. Other days I don't see the point. I'm not sure if I'm waiting for that shining light from the heavens illuminating the path, or if I'm just looking to blow more money on an overpriced shiny object.

I've actually been somewhat tempered because it doesn't look like what I thought it did in other pictures. For some reason I was convinced it was gold in color with a black spine and black accents on the ribbing. Now that I know it's more of a stainless steel color, a good chunk of the appeal is gone.

6. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

All that is gold does not glitter. :happy102

I think I'd be happier with an F or L type Injector, but the L's are getting pricey and the F's have been pretty rare.

7. JimR

JimR Active Member

Well, the initial reports on this from Kafeneio stated that it's aggressive as heck, leaves you with thin skin, and will kill you if you look at it wrong. (that last might just have been my interpretation). It isn't an injector, nor is it a feather product--it's a Classic Shaving original, and it's scary.

8. Zach

Zach New Member