Cod with Shaved Mushrooms and Truffle Oil and Cauliflower Puree

Discussion in 'The Cookbook' started by Bluesbishop, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Bluesbishop

Bluesbishop Active Member

Cod with Shaved Mushrooms and Truffle Oil and Cauliflower Puree

Good food does not have to be overly complicated, have a arms length of ingredients nor be bad for you. Tonight's dish was very easy to prepare and simply delicious.

I use a slight...and I mean slight amount of truffle oil to finish the dish. No reason to go overboard with the truffle oil, as it will just give you wasted calories, but more importantly, it will over power every other flavor, If you've never used truffle oil, be careful because it is very easy to over do. Also make sure you purchase a quality product, most truffle oils are garage and contain little to no truffle at all and taste artificial at best. The oil by Urbani is a good product and can purchased from Amazon.com

Cod with Shaved Mushrooms and Truffle Oil

Ingredients

1.5 lbs of Cod cut into four pieces ( I used two pieces)
    2 large portobello mushrooms, shaved on madoline
    1 clove of garlic, crushed
    Black pepper to taste
    Kosher salt to taste
    Pam Organic Olive oil spray
    Truffle oil to drizzle ( less than 1/4 teaspoon)
    In a large nonstick pan , heat over medium high and lightly coat pan with Pam Olive Oil, heat and add cod that has been salted, peppered and rubbed with the crushed garlic . Cook on each side about 3-4 minutes,. Add mushroom to pan after first side of fish has cooked, you do not wat to over cook these mushrooms as they have been shaved thin and don't take long to cook. Serve with Mushroom on Cod, and lightly drizzle with truffle oil.

Cauliflower Puree

Clean and remove stem from one large head of cauliflower, remove flowerettes and place in steamer, heat in steamer about 5 minutes till totally tender. Put cooked cauliflower in food processor with 2 teaspoons of 0% fat strained greek yogurt (I use FAGE) 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 clove of garlic, and black pepper, puree till smooth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Cod looks great!

I have never been a fan of cauliflower, now asparagus, carrots or broccoli is more up my alley!

3. byrd

byrd Well-Known Member

Wowza!!! You have my attention sir!!

4. Bluesbishop

Bluesbishop Active Member

I made a puree of cauliflower as a low carb alternative to mashed potatoes..add some butter in the mix and most people wouldn't even know what it is...this is also good with some simply grilled veggies...corn, squash, you name it!